MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
In the age of advanced streaming technology, no one wants to be left high and dry with buffering videos and glitching online gaming.
And the simple answer is yes. All US Mobile phone plans offer 5G coverage. So as long as your phone is 5G compatible, you'll be able to access its Warp 5G (formerly Super LTE).
Below we dive deeper into US Mobile and its 5G coverage.
How to get US Mobile 5G coverage
One of the latest developments in cell phone technology is the 5G network, designed to provide faster internet speeds and better connectivity.
My goal is to highlight MVNO carriers like US Mobile to show you that you can get the same coverage as the big three major networks without paying their high prices.
US Mobile provides coverage from both T-Mobile and Verizon networks, so their 5G availability depends on your chosen network. According to this RootMetrics report, T-Mobile comes out top when it comes to speeds and overall experience with their 5G network.
Even though you have the choice of two major networks, it's important to note that US Mobile 5G coverage isn't available everywhere. But to make sure you get the most from the network, here are a few things you can do.
- Check compatibility: Not all phones are 5G compatible, so you'll need to make sure your phone supports 5G. Keep reading below to find out how to check your phone if you're unsure.
- Check 5G coverage: Make sure you have coverage in your area, whichever network you choose, by checking the US Mobile coverage map.
US Mobile 5G compatible devices
US Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, so you can save money and bring your own phone to US Mobile as long as it's unlocked from your existing carrier and supports 5G if you want to take advantage of US Mobile's 5G coverage.
If your phone isn't compatible with 5G, don't worry; you can choose from a selection of US Mobile phones.
How to check if my phone supports 5G
If you're not sure if your phone is 5G compatible, you can check your phone's settings:
iPhone network settings
Open Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options. It should then show 5G as an option.
Android network settings
Open Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Prefered Network Type. You should then be able to see 5G as an option.
US Mobile 5G coverage benefits
When using US Mobile's cell phone plan, I've found a number of benefits to their 5G coverage:
- Faster downloads and uploads: Benefit from enhanced speed for sharing content, streaming music and videos, and browsing the web.
- Improved performance with minimized delays: Enjoy reduced latency, leading to quicker response times and seamless performance while scrolling on the internet, streaming videos, or playing online games.
- Sufficient bandwidth to support multiple users: Allow more users to connect simultaneously without sacrificing speed or performance. This ensures a reliable and consistent experience.
- Unleashing new potentials: The advent of 5G networks introduces thrilling possibilities for cutting-edge applications such as augmented reality (AR).
US Mobile 5G coverage disadvantages
- Coverage limitations: Certain areas may have limited availability of 5G coverage, so it's crucial to consult the US Mobile coverage map to check coverage in your ZIP code.
- Compatibility of devices: It's necessary to have a cell phone that's capable of supporting 5G technology. If you happen to possess an older device, it might not be compatible with 5G technology, necessitating an upgrade to enjoy the benefits offered by 5G.
In general, it's essential to consider the possible disadvantages before making a decision about upgrading, even though 5G provides faster speeds.
US Mobile 5G plans
US Mobile offers 5G access with all of their plans. This means you get to pick from a variety of cheap cell phone plans and get 5G without the expensive price tag.
With a variety of plans and a choice of high-speed data allowances, including unlimited data plans. US Mobile unlimited plans have two options; Unlimited Basic (40GB of high-speed data) and Unlimited Premium (100GB of high-speed data).
As a US Mobile customer, you can save money with their cheap phone plans, including additional discounts for multiple lines. Perfect if you're looking to sign up the whole family!
US Mobile 5G coverage FAQs
US Mobile offers 5G coverage with all of their plans and is powered by two major networks you can choose from, either T-Mobile or Verizon.
And you can check US Mobile coverage in your area to decide which network is the best in your ZIP code.
US Mobile's 5G coverage offers several benefits, including faster internet speeds, lower latency, and better connectivity. Our US Mobile review can help you learn more about this low-cost carrier.