Mint Mobile vs Cricket: Which carrier is best?
We compared Mint Mobile & Cricket plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Cricket Wireless or Mint Mobile is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Cricket Wireless and Mint Mobile coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Mint Mobile vs Cricket Wireless: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile plans
Cricket Wireless 5GB
- AT&T 5G & 4G LTE networks Cricket Wireless operates on the AT&T 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB data
- $540 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Cricket Wireless 5GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
- Free talk and text with all plans
- Unlimited data plans available
- Available in retail stores
- Multi-line discount available
- Fastest data speed capped at 8 Mbps
- Mobile hotspot use costs extra
- One of the few MVNOs that charge an activation fee
Mint Mobile 5GB
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Mint Mobile operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB data
- $765 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Mint Mobile 5GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
*50% Off: $45 for 6 Mths
Mint Mobile phone plans are powered by the T-Mobile network, providing the same great service at a lower cost. They offer various data allowances, including an unlimited plan with 40GB of high-speed data and unlimited talk and text.
With Mint Mobile, their transparent messaging shows how you can save more money the longer you commit.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free calls to Mexico and Canada
- Free mobile hotspot with all plans
- eSIM compatible
- No international roaming
- Limited customer service
- 3-month minimum sign-up
- Mint Mobile offers mobile hotspot access with all of their plans. So you can use your phone to tether to tablets or other mobile devices, and the unlimited plan includes a 10 GB hotspot data limit.
- A minimum 3-month upfront commitment is required to subscribe. The longer commitment period means cheaper prices. Choose a 3, 6, or 12-month pricing structure available after initial commitment.
- If you're unsatisfied, Mint Mobile offers a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- You can bring your own device, so there's no need to buy an expensive iPhone. However, if you prefer a new smartphone, there are many options available, including iPhones, Samsung, and other Android models like Google Pixel, with a 0% finance over 1-2 years.
- With the Mint Mobile app, you can easily monitor your usage and manage multiple lines and plans.
- One downside is that international roaming is an additional cost, and although you get free calls to Canada and Mexico, other international countries are extra.
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile comparison
Cricket Wireless plans start at $30 and Mint Mobile plans start as low $7.50*. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Cricket Wireless and Mint Mobile.
|Cricket Wireless 5GB plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$30/mo|
|Cricket Wireless 10GB plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$40/mo|
|Cricket Wireless unlimited data plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$55/mo|
|Mint Mobile 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$7.50/mo $15/mo|
|Mint Mobile 15GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$10/mo $20/mo|
|Mint Mobile 20GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||20GB||$12.50/mo $25/mo|
|Mint Mobile unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$15/mo $30/mo|
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile coverage
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T and Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Cricket Wireless coverage
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Mint Mobile coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile plan features
|Carrier Features||Cricket Wireless||Mint Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - 3 mths prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 7 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico & Canada|
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile customer service
Cricket Wireless customer service
Contact Cricket Wireless customer care
Call (800) 274-2538
Tag @CricketNation on Twitter
Mint Mobile customer service
Contact Mint Mobile customer care
Call (800) 683-7392
Tag @Mintmobile on Twitter
Cricket Wireless vs Mint Mobile FAQs
Cricket Wireless comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Cricket Wireless
- Boost Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Cricket Wireless vs Boost Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Red Pocket vs Cricket Wireless
- Tello vs Cricket Wireless
- Twigby vs Cricket Wireless
- Ultra Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- US Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
Mint Mobile comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Mint Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Mint Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Mint Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs PureTalk
- Mint Mobile vs Reach Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Spectrum Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Mint Mobile vs Tello
- Mint Mobile vs Total by Verizon