Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk: Which carrier is best?
We compared Ultra Mobile & Straight Talk plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Ultra Mobile or Straight Talk is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Ultra Mobile and Straight Talk coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk plans
Ultra Mobile 3GB
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Ultra Mobile operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 3GB data
- $699 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Ultra Mobile 3GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
*$30 for 3 Mths Service
Ultra Mobile phone plans offer low-cost access to the T-Mobile network. Offering a range of data allowances from 2GB up to 40GB of high-speed data on their unlimited plan, there's something to suit light and heavy data users.
There are no contracts, and if you've got loved ones abroad, they offer free international calls to 80 countries.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free international calls to 80 countries
- Mobile hotspot access included
- eSIM compatible
- Extra cost for International roaming
- Ultra Mobile offers a variety of options for affordable cell phone plans with good coverage on the T-Mobile network.
- You'll get free international calls to 90+ countries, and cheap family plans with multi-line discounts are available.
- Mobile hotspot access is available with a limit of 10GB on unlimited plans.
- While the plan doesn't include international data roaming, you have the option to purchase the UpRoam add-on, which allows you to access roaming services at a discounted rate by adding credit.
Straight Talk 10GB
- T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks Straight Talk operates on the T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 10GB data
- $480 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Straight Talk 10GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
- Unlimited data plans
- Two-line plan option
- Plenty of add-ons like international service
- Easily accessible at WalMart stores
- Phone financing available
- Plans not as flexible as some MVNOs
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk comparison
Ultra Mobile plans start at $10* and Straight Talk plans start as low $35. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Ultra Mobile and Straight Talk.
|Ultra Mobile 3GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||3GB||$10/mo $19/mo|
|Ultra Mobile unlimited talk & text plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||0GB||$13/mo $15/mo|
|Ultra Mobile 10GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$20/mo $29/mo|
|Ultra Mobile 15GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$31/mo $39/mo|
|Ultra Mobile unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$39/mo $49/mo|
|Straight Talk 10GB plan||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$35/mo|
|Straight Talk unlimited data plan||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$45/mo|
|Straight Talk unlimited data plan||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$55/mo|
|Straight Talk unlimited data plan||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$65/mo|
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk coverage
Ultra Mobile is powered by T-Mobile and Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Ultra Mobile coverage
Ultra Mobile is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Straight Talk coverage
Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk plan features
|Carrier Features||Ultra Mobile||Straight Talk|
|Networks||T-Mobile||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||GSM||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 10 day|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 80 countries|
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk customer service
Ultra Mobile customer service
Contact Ultra Mobile customer care
Call (888) 777-0446
Tag @ultra_mobile on Twitter
Straight Talk customer service
Contact Straight Talk customer care
Call (877) 430-2355
Tag @MyStraightTalk on Twitter
Ultra Mobile vs Straight Talk FAQs
Ultra Mobile comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Ultra Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Ultra Mobile
- Tello vs Ultra Mobile
- Twigby vs Ultra Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Ultra Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Ultra Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Ultra Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Ultra Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Mint Mobile
- Ultra Mobile vs Optimum Mobile