MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
If you're looking to switch to an eSIM on the AT&T network, you're in luck. AT&T does offer eSIM plans, and with one of their MVNOs, you could save up to $700 a year on your phone bill.
Keep reading below to find the best AT&T MVNOs that support eSIM and the benefits of switching to an eSIM.
AT&T eSIM carriers
The fantastic news is, yes, AT&T does support eSIM. But even better, you don't have to pay the high costs of an AT&T cellular plan.
Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) are powered by the major networks, including the AT&T network, offering a more affordable way to get AT&T coverage.
Here are a few AT&T eSIM carriers to consider:
- Boost Mobile: One of the oldest MVNOs on the market, Boost Mobile eSIM plans operate on the AT&T network as well as T-Mobile. They have a variety of plans starting from around $10 a month.
- Red Pocket Mobile: This carrier lets you enjoy AT&T's network without the expensive price tag. They offer free international calling to 80+ countries with their plans.
- Boost Infinite: The newest on the block, Boost Infinite, offers one plan with unlimited everything. With a set price of $25 for life.
These low-cost carriers all offer AT&T eSIM plans. And with an eSIM and no contracts, it's easy to switch whenever you need.
AT&T eSIM compatible phones
Plenty of cell phones are compatible with AT&T and support eSIM. Most devices since around 2018 will have some eSIM support.
Plus, many eSIM-compatible devices have dual SIM access, so you can still use physical SIM cards as well as a digital SIM.
To bring your own phone to an AT&T eSIM carrier, there are two things you'll need to check:
- Unlocked phone: You'll need to check that your phone is unlocked from your current carrier. It should then be compatible with the AT&T network.
- eSIM compatible: Check you have an eSIM device. Depending on the phone you have, you can generally go into Settings > General/Network & Internet > About and look for an EID number. This is the serial number for your phone's embedded SIM.
What are the benefits AT&T prepaid eSIM?
- Easy switching: eSIM activation makes the switch as easy as scanning a QR code. No more fumbling around with a physical SIM card.
- Dual SIM functionality: If you've got a work phone and a personal phone, you can combine them into one. Most smartphones support dual SIMs, letting you switch between lines effortlessly.
- Quick connection: Traditional SIM cards require you to either go to a store or wait for your SIM card to be delivered. But with eSIMs, the activation process is easy. With just a few taps on your screen, follow the prompts, and you'll be connected to your new plan
- Cheaper plans: AT&T MVNOs offer more affordable plans than going direct. You're getting the same AT&T network but without the AT&T price tag.
- International travel: If you're a regular traveler, eSIMs make getting a plan with a local carrier easier to avoid those costly roaming fees.
- Two or more numbers: Whether you're a regular traveler or have a business and personal number, depending on the phone, you can often add two or more numbers to your eSIM.
AT&T eSIMs FAQs
AT&T does support eSIM. And if you're looking to cut the costs of your cell phone bill, there are a number of MVNOs that offer AT&T eSIM plans at a fraction of the cost.
eSIMs provide flexibility and ease when it comes to being able to switch carriers. Plus, the convenience if you're a frequent traveler to avoid roaming fees or by combining your personal and business number on one phone.