Affinity Cellular cell phone plans review
Unlimited text with all plans
Large plan selection
Family plan option
Optional medical alert services
Only available to AAA members
No unlimited data plan
No international calling or roaming
Some plans cannot be shared among lines
Affinity Cellular is a unique wireless carrier aimed at serving the needs of a very specific group of consumers.
Affinity is available exclusively to AAA members. Its offerings are designed for light data users like senior citizens, with add-ons like a GERS (Guardian Emergency Response System). If you qualify for Affinity, you'll be able to phone for AAA service without using your plan minutes.
Is Affinity Cellular right for you? Continue reading our full Affinity Cellular Review to find out!
Affinity Cellular Prepaid Plans
|Affinity Cellular 1GB||1GB||Verizon||$20|
|Affinity Cellular 3GB||3GB||Verizon||$25|
|Affinity Cellular 7GB||7GB||Verizon||$35|
|Affinity Cellular 15GB||15GB||Verizon||$45|
|Affinity Cellular Unlimited Data||Unltd||Verizon||$55|
Affinity Cellular offers a surprisingly wide range of plans:
- Pre-packaged plans with just 10 minutes of talk up to unlimited talk and text with 10 GB of high-speed data.
- Unlimited talk and text plan with no data for flip phones only.
- A customizable plan that lets you choose your amount of minutes, texts, and data (up to 2.5 GB).
- Family plans that let you share your minutes, texts, and data with up to five lines (each line costs $10 extra).
On top of its large selection of cell phone plans Affinity also offers personal emergency products to protect its older customers in the event of a medical or other urgent situation. There are two versions, in-home and mobile, and you'll pay separately for service plans for these systems.
While Affinity Cellular is a no-contract cell phone carrier, it's important to note that you can encounter overage charges with this provider. It's important to choose a plan that fits your needs with a little room for error so that you don't see any surprises on your monthly bill.
Affinity Cellular Savings
Verizon vs Affinity Cellular comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $300 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|Affinity Cellular||Verizon 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$55/mo||$660/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$25/mo||$300/yr|
Affinity Cellular Coverage
If you're already on the Verizon network and you know you get solid coverage from the carrier, you will get the same great service along with more benefits and lower prices by switching to Affinity.
If you haven't used Verizon, then you can check our handy Affinity Cellular coverage map to make sure you'll get reception.
Affinity Cellular Phone Plans
Affinity Cellular Phone Deals
Affinity offers a very limited selection of devices. You can choose from a few different smartphone models, including a basic free smartphone. You can also opt for a free flip phone if you prefer.
There's no financing available so you'll pay in full if you buy a smartphone through the carrier. Affinity does offer a Loyalty Credit with some of their devices. This amounts to the provider refunding part of your purchase price after one year of service.
The other option is to bring your own phone. There are a few things to keep in mind if you choose this route:
- Verizon is a CDMA network so you'll need a CDMA phone to ensure compatibility. Not all devices will work with Affinity so be sure to check with the carrier before activation.
- If you don't already own a compatible phone, you can buy an Affinity Cellular compatible refurbished phone for less than half of the retail price of a new one.
- You may need an Affinity Cellular SIM card. You may also need to adjust your APN settings in order for your existing device to work with the network.
Shop the best Verizon phone deals and get a great price on a compatible device!
Ask yourself a few questions to decide if this carrier is right for you:
- Do you get Verizon network coverage in your area?
- Are you a AAA customer?
- Are you a light to moderate data user?
- Do you need special services like an emergency response system?
- Are you shopping for a family cell phone plan?
- Do you have a CDMA phone or will you buy one?
The truth is that Affinity Cellular doesn't offer the cheapest cell phone plans. What it does offer are special features that make wireless service manageable for people like senior citizens and others who might need a simple plan.
In addition, to its GERS, Affinity has a comprehensive FAQ that addresses basic questions right on its website. It also provides a range of plans to fit many different need levels.