The best AT&T phone plan will be different for everyone, but at MoneySavingPro we're here to help.
Offering a variety of low cost plans operating on the AT&T network, AT&T MVNOs give you access to the same nationwide coverage with cell phone plans starting from around $10 a month.
We've compared AT&T MVNOs below to help you narrow down your search to find your perfect plan.
Boost Mobile 2GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 2GB data for only $15 per month. Boost Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Unreal Mobile 50GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 50GB data for only $50 per month. Unreal Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T 4G LTE and 5G network.
Good2Go Mobile 6GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 6GB data for only $17.50 per month. Good2Go Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Red Pocket 10GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 10GB data for only $30 per month. Red Pocket prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Good2Go Mobile 1GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data for only $10 per month. Good2Go Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Red Pocket 3GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 3GB data for only $20 per month. Red Pocket prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Unreal Mobile 3GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 3GB data for only $20 per month. Unreal Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T 4G LTE and 5G network.
Good2Go Mobile 3GB data includes unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 3GB data for only $12.50 per month. Good2Go Mobile prepaid phone plans offer wireless coverage on the AT&T & T-Mobile 4G LTE and 5G networks.
AT&T cell phone plans in January
AT&T unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||Unlimited||$75||$900|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
Do you really need unlimited data?
Between your favorite apps, HD video streaming, and browsing the web, you might think that unlimited data is an obvious choice.
The fact is that the average AT&T unlimited data plan customer uses just 4GB of data per month. Think about that - it's like paying for 200 cable channels and only watching 3 or 4. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Just as with anything else you buy, the best way to save money on your cell phone plan is to identify exactly what you need and only buy that.
Get AT&T coverage without AT&T prices
If you want that great AT&T coverage but can't justify the price you're in luck! You still have plenty of options with AT&T MVNOs.
That's right, with an AT&T MVNO you can enjoy the saver AT&T 4G LTE coverage as every AT&T customer but at a half the price.
MVNOs buy service in bulk from the big four networks and resell it to consumers at a lower cost.
They're able to do so because they don't spend the millions of dollars in advertising per year like the big four and they also don't have a lot of brick-and-mortars to run which saves them A LOT of money. In fact, a lot of them operate solely online.
Cheapest AT&T cell phone plans
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Boost Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$15** $0.99 for 1st Month|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T||Unltd||Unltd||12GB||$30** Buy 2 Months Get 1 Free|
|Red Pocket||AT&T||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$22.50** $270 for 12 Months Service|
|Boost Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$8.33** $100 for 1 year service|
AT&T vs Good2Go Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $532 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T 4G & 5G||6GB||$35/mo||$368/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$40/mo||$532/yr|
Cheap AT&T plan benefits
Want to stay on the same network, keep your phone and number, plus get greater flexibility?
Yep. You've got it. Forget the major carriers. Plans include everything you need, but come at a much better price with an MVNO.
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high-speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
AT&T plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since AT&T MVNOs are all powered by the AT&T network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
AT&T coverage comparison
Which prepaid carrier is best for you? That depends on which network has the best coverage in your area.
Network performance ratings
AT&T family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||$75||$130$65/line||$150$50/line||$160$40/line|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||$85||$150$75/line||$180$60/line||$200$50/line|
Good2Go Mobile multi-line plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Good2Go Mobile 1GB Data||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Good2Go Mobile Unlimited Talk & Text||$10||$20$10/line||$30$10/line||$40$10/line|
|Good2Go Mobile 3GB Data||$25||$50$25/line||$75$25/line||$100$25/line|
|Good2Go Mobile 6GB Data||$35||$70$35/line||$105$35/line||$140$35/line|
|Good2Go Mobile 10GB Data||$40||$80$40/line||$120$40/line||$160$40/line|
AT&T phone plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest AT&T unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest AT&T family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Bring your own phone plans: AT&T BYOP plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best AT&T plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap AT&T basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest AT&T tablet data plan or iPad.
- Kids plans: MVNOs offer the best AT&T plans for kids because you can tailor them to exactly what you want your child to have.
- Senior plans: Senior citizens often have different cell phone needs. Compare cheap AT&T plans for seniors for the perfect fit.
Switch to a cheaper AT&T plan
It's never been easier to switch. Let's break it down.
- Customize your plan. Whether you're looking for a truly unlimited plan, or in the market for something more basic, choose a plan to suit your cell phone needs.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure your old bills are paid up and your phone is unlocked. If you're getting a new device, transferring data from one to another is simple. Even if you're going from an iPhone to Android, and vice versa.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old account. If you've got a new device with your Tello plan, it should be ready to use when it arrives. If you're bringing your own phone then you'll need to follow the instructions with the new SIM card kit that Tello will send to you in the post.
Bring your own AT&T phone
You need simple in your life. The great thing about MVNOs is that switching carriers is easy.
You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). Once you've checked with your new provider about phone compatibility the rest is a breeze.
Most low-cost carriers simply provide you with a AT&T prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your mobile phone and follow the provider's instructions. Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Best AT&T cell phone deals
|Apple iPhone SE||AT&T||Red Pocket||$399|
|Apple iPhone 11||AT&T||Red Pocket||$499|
|Samsung Galaxy S20||AT&T||Red Pocket||$529|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Samsung Galaxy S20+||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$729|
|Apple iPhone 12||AT&T||Red Pocket||$729|
|Apple iPhone 13||AT&T||Red Pocket||$829|
|Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max||AT&T||Red Pocket||$899|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$899|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||AT&T||Red Pocket||$999|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$999|
AT&T carriers list
|Boost Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
AT&T plans FAQs
What is the best AT&T cell phone plan?
How can I get a better deal with AT&T?
What is the cheapest cell phone plan with AT&T?
AT&T MVNOs offer a large choice of cheap cell phone plans without sacrificing anything.
You'll receive the same nationwide AT&T coverage and plenty of options like unlimited talk and text, mobile hotspot allowance, unlimited data, multi-line discounts, and more depending on the plan you choose.
You can save even more money by bringing your own phone.
|Boost Mobile||AT&T BYOP plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||2GB||$15/mo|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T unlimited plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||50GB||$50/mo|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T family plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||6GB||$35/mo|
|Red Pocket||AT&T 5G plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||10GB||$30/mo|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T senior plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||1GB||$20/mo|
|Red Pocket||AT&T kids plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$20/mo|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T individual plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$20/mo|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T no contract plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||3GB||$25/mo|