Red Pocket BYOP: Phone compatibility check
What phones are compatible with Red Pocket Mobile?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Changing phone carriers used to be confusing and expensive, but when you switch to Red Pocket Mobile you'll find affordable bring your own phone plans that can save you hundreds of dollars on your cell phone bill.
Red Pocket makes it quick and easy to purchase a SIM card kit online and get your new plan up and running within a few days.
We've summarized the details below to help you find the best BYOD plan with Red Pocket.
Bring your own phone to Red Pocket Mobile
Red Pocket Mobile bring your own phone plans
|Red Pocket 1GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$5/mo $10/mo|
|Red Pocket 5GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$10/mo $20/mo|
|Red Pocket 20GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||20GB||$15/mo $30/mo|
|Red Pocket unlimited data plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$20/mo $40/mo|
Red Pocket Mobile have a range of low-cost plans available whether you're looking for unlimited data, family plans, unlimited talk and text, or a basic plan, there's something for everyone.
What are the benefits for bringing your own phone?
Bringing your own device to a low-cost carrier plan offers a number of benefits;
- Lower prices: with affordable plans, you can save up to $600 a year with an MVNO.
- Keep your number: there's no need to change your number, low-cost carriers make it easy to port it across.
- Flexibility: there's no contracts with these prepaid plans, so if your needs change you can cancel or amend your plan.
- Easy to switch: it's simple to switch providers, just pick your plan and your SIM card kit will be sent to you in the post.
- Quality coverage: powered by the same major US networks, you'll get the same coverage on the 5G & 4G LTE networks that you're used to.
Red Pocket compatible phones
If your current phone is not compatible, you can still find some affordable prepaid phones online. With a range of handsets from basic cell phones to the latest smartphones.
If your phone was purchased through a plan with, AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile you'll need to check the phone is unlocked. Phones purchased with the big three are locked to their network, but once the contract ends, as long as the phone has been paid off, they'll unlock the handset for you.
What are the benefits of Red Pocket Mobile?
- Quality coverage: Powered by the AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile wireless networks, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area, you can use the Red Pocket Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Red Pocket Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Red Pocket Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 24 or 36 months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan, there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Red Pocket Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Red Pocket Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: You'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds operating on the T-Mobile network.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device, you can access the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Red Pocket Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on your desired data, Red Pocket Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a big wireless unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making a family plan a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Multi-month discount: Red Pocket Mobile offers a discount on the monthly price if you don't mind bundling for three months or six months.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Red Pocket Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Instant connectivity: With the latest technology a Red Pocket Mobile eSIM can connect you to your new plan instantly. When you sign up you'll receive a QR code that once scanned activates your plan ready to use.
- Customer service: Find out what current Red Pocket Mobile customers are saying with Red Pocket Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Red Pocket Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
Read our full Red Pocket Mobile review.
Red Pocket coverage
Operating on the AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon network you'll receive access to the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage at an affordable price. To make sure it's the right fit, you can use your ZIP code to check the cell phone coverage at your address.
Red Pocket features
|Network||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 14 days|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 70 countries|
How to bring your own phone to Red Pocket
Switching to Red Pocket is easy, but you'll want to check a few things first. You'll need to make sure your current phone is unlocked, meaning it's not tied to a specific carrier, and that it's compatible with Red Pocket Mobile.
If your current handset is not compatible there are options to purchase a new phone through Red Pocket that won't leave you out of pocket.
Red Pocket SIM card activation
It takes a few easy steps to get your phone set up with a Red Pocket low-cost plan;
- Check your phone is compatible and unlocked.
- Choose and order your Red Pocket SIM card kit online.
- When it arrives, pop your SIM card into your phone and follow the activation instructions.
Red Pocket BYOP FAQs
With affordable plans, no commitment and only paying for what you need, bringing your own phone to Red Pocket Mobile gives you plenty of bang for your buck and can save you up to $600 per year.
Most unlocked phones made within the last few years should be compatible, but if your phone doesn't work with Red Pocket Mobile, they do offer a variety of new handsets to choose from.
If you're unsure that Red Pocket Mobile is a good fit, you'll find plenty of money saving deals by comparing the best MVNOs across all networks.
Red Pocket Mobile guides
- Red Pocket Mobile Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
- Best Red Pocket Mobile Phone Plans
- Best Red Pocket Mobile Family Plans
- Best Red Pocket Mobile Deals
- Red Pocket Mobile SIM Cards
- Best Red Pocket Mobile Hotspot Plans
- Red Pocket Mobile Coverage Map
- Red Pocket Mobile 5G Coverage Map
- Red Pocket Mobile Reviews
- Best Red Pocket Mobile Prepaid Phones
- Best Red Pocket iPhone Deals
- Red Pocket Phone Deals
- Red Pocket Prepaid eSIM
- Red Pocket BYOP: Phone Compatibility Check
- AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks
- 1GB data
- AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks
- 5GB data
- AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks
- 20GB data
- AT&T 5G & 4G LTE network
- Unlimited data