MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Need help keeping your phone bill paid? You're not alone. The good news is that there's assistance available through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
This program, run by the FCC, can help you snag free service through Good2Go Mobile, a low-cost carrier operating on the AT&T network.
Keep reading as we dig into what Good2Go Mobile provides through the ACP, plus walk you through the eligibility criteria and enrollment process.
What is the Good2Go Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program?
So, what's this Affordable Connectivity Program all about, and how can it help you? The ACP is a government initiative managed by the FCC, designed to help eligible households get affordable internet service.
Good2Go Mobile, an AT&T MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), has teamed up with the ACP to offer a free cell phone plan to qualifying low-income households.
Good2Go Mobile ACP benefits
Let's dive into what you can expect if you're eligible to receive ACP benefits.
As an eligible customer, you can enjoy:
- A monthly discount of up to $30 off mobile broadband services
- A monthly service discount of up to $75 for households on qualifying Tribal lands
It's helpful to note that the federal Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one benefit per household, which is defined as individuals who live at the same address and share income and expenses.
Good2Go Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program plan
There is one Good2Go Mobile ACP plan available. This plan comes with:
- 6GB of monthly data at 4G LTE & 5G speeds
- Unlimited data at 128Kbps after high-speed data allowance is used up
- Unlimited talk & text
The Good2Go Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program plan is available to approved ACP customers at no cost. That means if you switch to this carrier, you get a free cell phone plan.
Good2Go Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program eligibility
There are a couple of ways to qualify for the Good2Go Mobile ACP.
- Your household income falls at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Or, your household must have at least one member that participates in one of the following qualifying programs:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Free or reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast program
- Federal Pell Grant recipient in the current award year
Or, you live on qualifying Tribal lands and participate in one of the above or a Tribal-specific program like:
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income-based).
And don't forget, eligible customers who reside on qualifying Tribal lands can receive an ACP discount of up to $75 per month. Learn more about this in our enhanced Tribal benefit guide.
How to apply for Good2Go Mobile ACP
Here's how to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program with Good2Go Mobile:
- Go to the Good2Go Mobile ACP website.
- Click the Apply Now button and fill out the requested information.
- You will be redirected to the National Verifier.
- Complete the Affordable Connectivity Program form.
- You will be redirected back to Good2Go Mobile to complete the sign-up.
Required documents for ACP application
You might need to provide specific documents to confirm your identity and participation in qualifying government assistance programs. These documents may include:
- A valid ID like a driver's license, passport, Tribal ID, military ID, or Green Card
- Proof of income, such as pay stubs, tax returns, or Social Security benefit statements
- Documentation supporting your Federal Pell Grant
- A benefit verification letter confirming your approval for government programs like SSI or SNAP
For more details on qualifying ACP documents and information on how to submit a mail-in application, see our comprehensive guide, How to apply for ACP.
If you don't qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program
Don't sweat it if you don't meet the eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can still save up to $700 a year by switching to Good2Go Mobile or another low-cost carrier.
These budget carriers are known as Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs). They run on the reliable networks you're used to - AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon - providing 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage at a much lower cost.
Here's why switching to a low-cost phone carrier makes sense:
- Flexible & affordable plans
- No contracts
- Bring your own phone
- Add-ons like international calling and roaming
- Access to mobile hotspot usage
- Freedom to switch carriers at any time
Check out Good2Go Mobile plans to see how much money you could save on your cell phone bill by making the switch. Plans start at about $10 a month, so you can save money without sacrificing quality or coverage.
Good2Go Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program FAQs
Good2Go Mobile makes using your Affordable Connectivity Program benefit a breeze. With one free cell phone plan available, the process is simple and straightforward.
If it turns out you don't qualify, switching to a prepaid cell phone plan from a low-cost carrier can save you hundreds of dollars each year, so it's a win-win situation!