Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
In today's fast-paced world, having internet access is a necessity. However, as the price of internet and cell phone services continues to rise, many people find it challenging to keep up with their monthly bills.
If you could use some help paying for the internet, consider the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This government assistance program aims to provide discounted or even free internet services to those who need it most.
Let's dive into the details of the Spectrum ACP, including eligibility criteria and what you can receive.
What is the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program was implemented when the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) ended and is administered by the FCC. The program assists low-income households in staying connected.
Spectrum is a participating provider in the Affordable Connectivity Program, offering discounted high-speed internet service to eligible households.
Spectrum ACP benefits
For eligible households, the ACP provides:
- A discount of up to $30 on your monthly internet bill
- Up to $75 off internet for households in qualifying Tribal lands
It's important to note that each eligible household is limited to one ACP benefit.
Spectrum ACP plans
The ACP discount can be applied to your choice of Spectrum internet plans. Options include:
- Spectrum Internet 100 - free with ACP
- Spectrum Internet (300 Mbps) - around $20 a month with benefit
- Spectrum Internet Ultra (500 Mbps) - around $40 per month with ACP
Prices may vary with location, so be sure to check with the provider for current Affordable Connectivity Program plan choices.
Spectrum ACP eligibility
Eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program is income-based. There are multiple ways to qualify:
- Household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Participation in one or more government assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Pell Grant, free school lunch or school breakfast program, and more
Households may also qualify by way of Tribal-specific programs, such as:
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations
- Income-based Tribal Head Start.
If you participate in one of these programs and reside in qualifying Tribal lands, you may be eligible for the enhanced Tribal benefit.
How to apply for Spectrum ACP
To enroll in Spectrum's Affordable Connectivity Program:
- Gather the required documents.
- Visit Get Internet and click the Apply button.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Once you receive approval, go to Spectrum and choose an internet plan, or call 877-959-1748 to sign up.
You may be required to provide documentation to verify your identity and participation in a government assistance program. Get detailed application instructions in our guide on how to apply for ACP.
Options if you're not eligible for Spectrum ACP
Even if you're not approved for the program, you can still save hundreds per year on your service by switching to a prepaid cell phone plan with a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). This change could potentially save you up to $700 annually on your cell phone plan.
Rest assured, these low-cost carriers operate on the same networks you're used to, providing 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage on the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon networks. For example, Spectrum Mobile plans operate on the Verizon network.
Advantages of MVNOs
Switching to an MVNO offers several benefits, including:
- Lower prices - up to half off of what the major carriers charge
- No contracts or commitments
- Flexible options, including unlimited data plans
- Add-ons & perks, like international calling & roaming
By choosing a low-cost carrier, you can select service on any of the major networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon - while enjoying substantial savings compared to your current plan.
Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program FAQs
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides new and existing Spectrum Internet customers with a way to save money or even get free Internet service.
If you don't meet the eligibility criteria, explore alternative options with low-cost carriers to save a bundle on your cell phone plan. Take the first step toward affordable connectivity today.