Sprint Phone Deals
Shopping for the best Sprint cell phone deals?
You don't need to break the bank or visit a Sprint store to get a great device.
Keep reading to find out how to save 50% or more on the retail price of your smartphone, why you shouldn't spend $1,000 on the latest brand new Apple iPhone or Samsung Galaxy model and how to save half or more on your Sprint cell phone plan.
There are multiple ways to save money when it comes to your wireless service!
Sprint Price Comparison Chart
|Apple iPhone X||Sprint||Used||$445|
|Apple iPhone XR||Sprint||Refurbished||$425|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||Sprint||Used||$175|
Best Sprint iPhone X Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $445
Best Sprint iPhone XR Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $425
Best Sprint Galaxy S8 Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $175
Buy Refurbished to Get the Best Sprint Phone Deal
We're not oblivious to the fact that Sprint offers on brand new shiny smartphones can be enticing. Sprint deals for existing customers and Sprint deals for switching can seem particularly attractive.
In the end though, if you sign up for monthly credit payments on your cell phone, you'll:
- Pay hundreds of extra dollars on top of your service plan over 24 months
- Be tied to your carrier
- Potentially pay early termination fees if you want to switch
- Have to pay off your remaining balance all at once if you want to switch
What's a better alternative? Buying a used or refurbished Sprint phone. This option benefits you in several ways:
- Save money: Now that the iPhone X series has been out for a bit, the last gen of used Sprint iPhones is roughly half the price.
- You get a similar phone for much less money: There are typically very few changes to new smartphone models, yet the price hike can be considerable.
- The market is thriving: With the used smartphone market poised to surpass 52 billion dollars by 2022, there's no shortage of reputable sellers offering a wide selection of used Sprint cell phones.
- Freedom: When you're not committed to device payments you're free to bring your own phone to any carrier.
- Easy and affordable repair: Due to the growing interest in secondhand phones, repair shops are widely available.
What to Consider When Buying a Refurbished Sprint Phone
Of course, when you compare cheap Sprint phones you want to make sure you're getting a quality device in good working condition, as well as a great price.
It's important to understand the terms commonly used in the secondhand phone market:
- Refurbished: This generally means that the device has been thoroughly inspected and any issues repaired. It doesn't necessarily mean "factory refurbished", like what you would get at a much higher price directly through Apple or Samsung.
- Used: These are typically phones that are sold as-is, often through peer-to-peer facilitator sites like Swappa. These devices can be in great condition, just be aware they haven't been tested by a third party.
- Certified pre-owned: This usually indicates that the phone has undergone rigorous inspection and testing, and the software has been cleaned and restored to factory settings.
So how do you protect yourself while getting an awesome bargain on a popular Sprint phone? Watch for the following:
- Warranty: Reputable seller sites guarantee their products for anywhere between 30 days and a full year (like Decluttr).
- Return period: Most sites allow you to return your device for a variety of reasons. Time periods range from two weeks to 30 days, and some seller sites give you free return shipping.
- Compatibility: The phone needs to be compatible with your carrier and unlocked from its previous account. While some phones that are labeled "unlocked" will function to some extent on any carrier, you'll have the best luck looking specifically at Sprint phones for sale.
- Payment options: You can typically pay via PayPal or debit/credit card. Some sites work with phone financing companies, however, the interest is generally pretty high. Pay in full if at all possible.
- Timing: The best time to buy refurbished Sprint iPhones is right as the newest model is being released. Same goes for Android phones - the best time to buy a used or refurbished Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8 was when the Samsung Galaxy S9 came out.
Oh, and another nice thing about buying Sprint refurbished phones - most seller sites offer free shipping!
More Ways to Save Money
You could take your used Sprint cell phone and move on with your life - you'll be ahead financially if you do that. But why not pocket even more money?
Sell Your Old Phone for Cash
Don't leave those old devices lying around taking up space. Sell your phone online:
- Get more money selling online vs trading your phone in at a Sprint store.
- It's super easy and convenient.
- The better condition your phone is in, the more cash you'll get!
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
Remember how I said at the beginning that I'd show you how to save half on your monthly service? This is how - and it's easier than ever.
MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators - are smaller carriers that rent space on the big four networks and resell it at a lower price (because they have lower overhead than the major carriers).
MVNOs offer several advantages over the big guys:
- Cheaper cell phone plans - by up to 50% or more.
- No contracts.
- Same quality - you'll be on the nationwide Sprint network just like always.
- Custom plans - pay for what you need.
- High customer service ratings.
- Bring your own phone.
You'll find the same - and typically even more - plan options with Sprint MVNOs as you get directly through the brand-name carrier. This includes unlimited data plans, unlimited talk and text, mobile hotspot plans, and perks like support for HD video streams.
The bottom line is that you could see total savings of over $1000 a year when you:
- Compare prices on refurbished Sprint cell phones.
- Opt for a cheaper wireless plan through a Sprint MVNO.
- Sell your old phone for cash.
Sprint phones and plans are more affordable than ever - as long as you know where to look!
COMPARE NOW: Sprint Cell Phone Deals