MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
If you want to switch from a physical SIM card to an embedded SIM, the good news is Mint Mobile does support eSIMs.
As long as your phone's compatible with eSIMs or has dual SIM access, you'll be able to choose a Mint Mobile eSIM plan.
Making it easy to purchase and activate your eSIM plan online means you could be connected to Mint Mobile's network in as little as 30 minutes.
Mint Mobile eSIM Support
Switch to Mint Mobile eSIM
It's essential to find the Mint Mobile phone plan that fits your lifestyle. If you're thinking of making a switch and considering an eSIM plan with Mint Mobile service, here are some things worth bearing in mind before committing:
- Device compatibility: You can bring your own phone to Mint Mobile, but you'll need to make sure you've got a compatible device. So if your current phone doesn't have eSIM capability, you'll need to purchase a new phone to take advantage of an eSIM.
- Switch carriers easily: eSIM technology offers more flexibility than physical SIM cards as you can easily switch between carriers.
- Convenience: eSIM activation is done remotely. So you don't have to visit a store or wait for a physical SIM card to arrive in the mail.
- Security: Offering more security, an eSIM can't be removed from the phone, so your SIM card can't be stolen. It also means it can't be removed if your phone is stolen.
Mint Mobile eSIM benefits
There are several benefits to using a Mint Mobile eSIM:
Try before you buy: Most eSIM-compatible phones allow at least two phone lines at once, meaning you can try a Mint Mobile eSIM plan without canceling your current plan. That way, if it's not for you, you can cancel at any time.
- No physical SIM card: With an eSIM, you don't need to wait for your SIM card to arrive in the post. And you can connect to your new plan within minutes.
- Easy activation: You can activate your Mint Mobile eSIM remotely, making it convenient if traveling or switching between carriers.
- Flexibility: You can switch between carriers more easily than with a physical SIM card.
Traveling abroad: If you travel regularly, most eSIM-compatible phones have the ability to allow for two lines to run at the same time. So you can get a phone plan with a local carrier to cut the cost of roaming fees.
- Environmentally friendly: eSIMs reduce the need for physical SIM cards, which can help reduce plastic waste.
Mint Mobile eSIM drawbacks
eSIM technology offers a range of benefits, but there are also a few potential disadvantages:
- Limited device compatibility: eSIM technology is still growing and not supported by all devices, mainly older handsets. This can limit the number of devices you can use with an eSIM plan.
- Carrier availability: Not all carriers support eSIM plans, so you may be limited in choosing carriers.
If your phone isn't compatible with eSIM, you can still get a Mint Mobile SIM card to access their great benefits.
How to activate Mint Mobile eSIM
A Mint Mobile eSIM works in the same way as most carriers' eSIMs. To activate your eSIM with Mint Mobile, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Firstly check your cell phone is compatible with eSIMs and is unlocked from your current provider.
- Pick your Mint Mobile eSIM plan.
- Make sure your phone's software is up to date and that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- If you're transferring your number, you'll need your account number and porting code from your current provider.
- Log in to the Mint Mobile app and follow the steps. You'll also need your phone's IMEI number. Your eSIM will be activated within 30 minutes or 24 hours if you're porting your number over.
Mint Mobile eSIM support FAQs
Mint Mobile offers eSIM cell phone plans for compatible phones if you have a supporting Android device or an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or newer iPhone models.
Whether you're a new or existing customer, you can be up and running on your new eSIM plan in as little as 30 minutes.
eSIMs are growing in popularity, and with Mint Mobile, you'll get access to T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE wireless coverage. Activating your eSIM is easy to do online in a few easy steps.
If you want to find out more about this low-cost carrier, you can delve deeper with our Mint Mobile review.