Metro by T-Mobile phone service in 2021
- Good value for heavier users
- Taxes and fees included in upfront pricing
- Amazon Prime membership included in unlimited plan
- Family plan option
- Retail stores available nationwide
- Plans not as flexible as some MVNOs
- No option to sign up online
So what's new about this low-cost carrier? It seems as though everything is.
Each plan includes entertainment benefits such as Google One, and much, much more. All this for less than what you would pay as just a T-Mobile subscription.
Keep reading our full Metro by T-Mobile review to find out if this MVNO is right for you!
Metro by T-Mobile Prepaid Plans
Metro by T-Mobile offers three prepaid plans: 10GB, Unlimited High Speed, and Unlimited High Speed with Prime. Each package offers different benefits including unlimited music, Google One, and Amazon Prime.
Each plan also includes discounted prices for additional lines, meaning the whole family can join for even more savings!
Whether or not Metro by T-Mobile pricing is competitive is highly dependent upon what you're looking for. If you're looking for a light to no data plan you can certainly find cheaper MVNOs to fit those needs. However, if you're looking for unlimited this is going to be one of the best deals you'll get for an MVNO.
Metro by T-Mobile Savings
T-Mobile vs Metro by T-Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $240 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Metro by T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd||$50/mo||$600/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$20/mo||$240/yr|
Metro by T-Mobile Coverage
Metro by T-Mobile runs on the same network as T-Mobile. You'll get the same reliability and coverage as customers with T-Mobile, just under a slightly different name.
Figuring out whether or not you can get service with this provider is as easy as checking the Metro by T-Mobile coverage map.
T-Mobile tends to come in third among the big four carriers in terms of 4G signal (OpenSignal). Although keep in mind, however, that the coverage difference between each network is very small - a matter of a couple of percentage points. Unless you live in a very rural area you're likely to get a strong signal with Metro by T-Mobile.
Metro by T-Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Metro by T-Mobile Phone Deals
When switching to an MVNO you have three different phone options. When switching to Metro by T-Mobile you have these options:
- Bring your own phone - You can only do this if you already have a Metro by T-Mobile phone or one from the T-Mobile or AT&T networks since they both operate on GSM. Just be sure if you bring your own phone you'll need a Metro by T-Mobile SIM card.
- Buy new - Metro by T-Mobile sells a large selection of devices in all price ranges, from a low-end flip phone to the newest flagship smartphones. You can get financing with no credit check, but only if you've been a customer for at least a year and made all of your mobile service payments on time.
- Buy a refurbished device - We make it easy for you to compare cell phone prices and features from top sellers side-by-side in seconds. You'll find all of your favorites, regardless of whether you're an Android or iPhone devotee.
Because you can only use a compatible phone with this carrier you probably won't have to change your device to Metro by T-Mobile APN settings.
There are a few things to consider before choosing Metro by T-Mobile as your low-cost carrier:
- Does Metro by T-Mobile have good coverage in my area?
- Do I need a single line or family plan?
- Will you bring your own phone or buy one?
- How much data do I need?
Metro by T-Mobile gives you service on the nationwide T-Mobile 4G LTE network at a lower price. However, there are even cheaper cell phone plans on the market, so be sure to compare prices first.
Find out what real customers are saying in our Metro by T-Mobile mobile customer reviews.
Save even more money by purchasing a refurbished Metro by T-Mobile phone to go with your new low-cost plan.