MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Mint Mobile plans offer 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage on the T-Mobile network. And you can save up to $600 a year on your cell phone bill when you switch.
In addition to great deals on domestic data plans, this low-cost carrier has you covered internationally, whether you're calling other countries or taking off on a vacay.
Mint Mobile international roaming and calls
Mint Mobile's international services are available for international calling and roaming. These can be added to any Mint Mobile phone plan, enabling global connectivity.
Mint Mobile UpRoam
You can use this option by adding international roaming credit to your account when you're ready to travel:
- Purchase UpRoam credits in $5, $10, or $20 increments
- International roaming credits never expire
- Use talk, text, and data in 210+ destinations
- Rates in most countries run .25/min, .05/SMS, .20/MB of data
Mint Mobile international calling
If you need to stay connected to friends and family overseas, you'll use credits just like with international roaming:
- Free calling to Canada & Mexico
- International credits are available in $5, $10, or $20 increments
- Free unlimited texting to 190+ countries
- Affordable talk rates to 160+ countries
Mint Mobile eSIM international roaming
International roaming credits are the same for a Mint Mobile eSIM plan as they are for plans with physical SIM cards.
How to activate your Mint Mobile international plan
With a Mint Mobile SIM card, you can activate international service by logging into your Mint Mobile account, then:
- For international calling: Load Wallet > Add Credit
- For international roaming: Settings > Add INTL Roaming Credit
Is a Mint Mobile international plan worth it?
Whether this option is right for you depends on your phone usage habits while traveling abroad, especially your international data usage.
If you travel at least occasionally, Mint Mobile's international plan can help you save money when you need to stay connected and use data overseas.
Mint Mobile International features advantages
- Wide range of destinations for calling and roaming
- It's very simple to add international credits
- Leftover international roaming credits roll over
Mint Mobile International features drawbacks
- No unlimited international plan
- Roaming costs can add up for heavy data users
Mint Mobile international plan FAQs
Not all budget carriers provide international roaming and calling, so this MVNO stands out by allowing you to add these services to your plan.
If you're a frequent traveler, be sure to review the terms and conditions of each international option, as well as the list of covered countries.
Don't forget to check out our in-depth Mint Mobile review to get expert insights into more carrier features.