MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Are you tired of dealing with high cell phone bills? Optimum Mobile plans may just be the right solution if you're overpaying for phone service.
With potential savings of up to $600 per year and service on two reliable networks, you won't have to compromise on quality.
In this guide, we'll provide you with all the information you need to switch to Optimum Mobile service without any hassles.
Learn how you can bring your own phone, plus explore Optimum Mobile's affordable plans. Get ready for significant savings while enjoying reliable mobile service.
Switch to Optimum Mobile deals in 2023
How to switch to an Optimum Mobile plan
There are a few things to keep in mind as you make the switch to Optimum Mobile:
- Coverage: Check our Optimum Mobile coverage map before switching carriers to make sure your ZIP code is covered.
- Determine your needs: Figure out how much data, talk, and text you need. Also, think about additional performance features you consider essential, like international calling or mobile hotspot access.
- Compare plans: Evaluate plan details to decide which Optimum Mobile plan best fits your phone usage.
- Porting your number: If you want to transfer your current number to Optimum Mobile, you can do so during activation. Just don't cancel your current phone plan until the porting request with Optimum Mobile is complete.
- Bring your own phone or upgrade: If you're happy with your current phone, you can bring it with you as long as it's unlocked and compatible with the AT&T or T-Mobile networks. Or, you can choose to upgrade with a deal on an Optimum Mobile device.
- Buy your SIM card: Once you've picked a plan, your Optimum Mobile SIM card kit will be shipped to you within a few days. Or, you can opt for an eSIM and be live within minutes.
Bring your own phone to Optimum Mobile
One of the major pros of choosing Optimum Mobile is their support for bringing your own phone (BYOP). If you want to keep your current phone, here's what you need to do to make sure it'll work with Optimum Mobile:
- Unlock your phone: If your phone is still locked to your last carrier, you can contact them to have them unlock it. Once it's unlocked, it should be compatible with Optimum Mobile.
- Phone compatibility: As long as your phone's compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile (and unlocked, of course), it should operate on Optimum Mobile. To double-check compatibility, enter your IMEI number into our phone compatibility checker.
Optimum Mobile plans
Optimum Mobile offers a variety of budget-friendly plans to meet your usage needs. Whether you're a heavy data user, a prolific texter, or hardly need any data. They have a plan that's perfect for you. Here are some popular options:
- Unlimited data plans: Optimum Mobile's unlimited data plans are a good value compared to more expensive providers. However, depending on which one you choose, they're capped at either 20GB or 50GB of 5G data.
- Family plans: With Optimum Mobile family plans; more lines mean bigger discounts.
- Talk & text plans: Every Optimum Mobile plan comes with unlimited talk and text, so there are no worries about overages.
Activating your Optimum Mobile SIM card
Activating your Optimum Mobile SIM card is a simple process, whether you're bringing your own device or buying a new phone:
- Create an Optimum Mobile MyMobile account and log in.
- Click on the phone number you'd like to activate.
- You'll be prompted during this process if you wish to transfer your current number.
- The process is even faster if you're using Optimum Mobile's eSIM cards. You'll receive a QR code and be up and running in minutes.
Why choose Optimum Mobile?
There are several compelling reasons to consider Optimum Mobile for your cell phone service:
- Low-cost plans: Optimum Mobile offers competitive prices, allowing you to lower your wireless bill without lowering your expectations.
- Flexible plans: Tired of committing to long-term phone service contracts? Optimum Mobile allows you to change plans or switch carriers at any time without early termination fees.
- Reliable coverage: Optimum Mobile operates on the T-Mobile and AT&T networks, which deliver nationwide network coverage. This means you get the same dependable coverage you're used to at a much lower cost.
- Customer service options: Need help with your Optimum Mobile account? They offer extensive phone hours, as well as 24/7 chat support.
Switch to Optimum Mobile FAQs:
Switching to a low-cost carrier like Optimum Mobile doesn't have to be complicated.
With Optimum Mobile, you can save hundreds of dollars without giving up the quality and coverage you need.
Offering a wide range of SIM cards, including unlimited and by-the-gig options, this mobile provider has the perfect plan to meet your needs.
The ability to bring your own phone and choose a plan to fit your life makes Optimum Mobile an ideal choice for saving on your monthly bill.
Find out more about this MVNO by reading our Optimum Mobile review.