Cheap Verizon cell phone plans for seniors in October
Cheap Verizon senior plan benefits
Want to stay on the same network, keep your phone and number, plus get greater flexibility?
Yep. You've got it. Forget the major carriers. Plans include everything you need, but come at a much better price with an MVNO.
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
Verizon unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon Play More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Do More Unlimited||Unlimited||$80||$960|
|Verizon Get More Unlimited||Unlimited||$90||$1,080|
Verizon vs US Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $420 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$45/mo||$540/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$420/yr|
Verizon senior plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since Verizon MVNOs are all powered by the Verizon network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed. A number of MVNOs also offer 5G speeds where available.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
Cheap Verizon senior plans comparison
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Twigby||Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||5GB||$12.50** 50% Off for 6 Months|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||30GB||$30Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
Verizon senior plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest Verizon unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest Verizon family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Bring your own phone plans: Verizon BYOP plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best Verizon plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap Verizon basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest Verizon tablet data plan or iPad.
Bring your own Verizon phone & save even more
- Choose the best Verizon MVNO. Once you've calculated your data usage and figured out which features matter most to you, you can pick the carrier with the right fit.
- Choose a plan. Decide on the specific plan you want. This is where you'll save the most money because you can go with one that gives you enough data for your needs without going overboard.
- Check phone compatibility. You'll need a compatible unlocked device. If you already have a Verizon phone you should be all set because they come already unlocked for use on another carrier.
Verizon prepaid carriers list
|Boom! Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Page Plus Cellular||Verizon|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Twigby||Verizon & Sprint|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
Verizon senior cell phones
As I'm sure you've noticed, a $1,000 price tag on a smartphone is considered normal these days. Device payments make it seem a little less painful, since you're paying about $30 a month instead of a lump sum. Here's the problem though - financing ties to you your carrier, essentially functioning as a contract.
You're trying to get away from contracts and lower your wireless bills by using cheaper prepaid carriers, which is a super smart strategy. We believe your phone should be a financially wise decision as well, which is why we recommend buying prepaid.
- Buying a prepaid Verizon phone makes switching carriers a breeze.
- Compare phone prices and save up to 25% on popular devices, like the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.
- Save even more by choosing a refurbished phone.
Best Verizon senior cell phone deals
|Apple iPhone 12 mini||Verizon, T-Mobile||US Mobile||$729|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||Verizon, T-Mobile||US Mobile||$999|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||Verizon, T-Mobile||US Mobile||$1,099|
|Samsung Galaxy Note20||Verizon, T-Mobile||US Mobile||$1,199|
Verizon senior cell phone plan FAQs
Does Verizon have a plan for senior citizens?
Although there are no specific plans for senior citizens you'll find a range of basic plans with Verizon MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). These low cost carriers operate on the Verizon network and offer affordable plans from providers such as Twigby, Ting, and US Mobile.
Does Verizon have a senior discount plan?
Who has the best cell phone plan for seniors?
The best senior cell phone plans out there today come from smaller carriers. They offer a great range of plans to suit every kind of cell phone user. If you're switching over from a Verizon senior plan with multiple lines, you can switch both lines over to a new plan easily. With or without multi-line options are easy to find.
We also know that senior plans don't work for everyone. Being over 55 doesn't always mean you're looking for a basic phone plan. Whether you need basic phone function, or want to get a totally unlimited plan, low cost carriers have got your back. They run a prepaid service and come with no contract so if you change your mind or find a better plan later down the line through Money Saving Pro, no sweat. You're free to switch it up again.