Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile: Which carrier is best?
We compared Mint Mobile & Optimum Mobile plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Mint Mobile or Optimum Mobile is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Mint Mobile and Optimum Mobile coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile plans
Mint Mobile 5GB
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Mint Mobile operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB data
- $765 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Mint Mobile 5GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
*50% Off: $45 for 6 Mths
Mint Mobile phone plans are powered by the T-Mobile network, providing the same great service at a lower cost. They offer various data allowances, including an unlimited plan with 40GB of high-speed data and unlimited talk and text.
With Mint Mobile, their transparent messaging shows how you can save more money the longer you commit.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free calls to Mexico and Canada
- Free mobile hotspot with all plans
- eSIM compatible
- No international roaming
- Limited customer service
- 3-month minimum sign-up
- Mint Mobile offers mobile hotspot access with all of their plans. So you can use your phone to tether to tablets or other mobile devices, and the unlimited plan includes a 10 GB hotspot data limit.
- A minimum 3-month upfront commitment is required to subscribe. The longer commitment period means cheaper prices. Choose a 3, 6, or 12-month pricing structure available after initial commitment.
- If you're unsatisfied, Mint Mobile offers a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- You can bring your own device, so there's no need to buy an expensive iPhone. However, if you prefer a new smartphone, there are many options available, including iPhones, Samsung, and other Android models like Google Pixel, with a 0% finance over 1-2 years.
- With the Mint Mobile app, you can easily monitor your usage and manage multiple lines and plans.
- One downside is that international roaming is an additional cost, and although you get free calls to Canada and Mexico, other international countries are extra.
Optimum Mobile 1GB
- AT&T 5G & 4G LTE networks Optimum Mobile operates on the AT&T 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 1GB data
- $720 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Optimum Mobile 1GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
- Free international roaming data
- Good coverage
- Great price and value
- Good data speeds
- Limited handset support
- Can't easily change phone
- Service is limited only to areas with Suddenlink and Optimum
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile comparison
Mint Mobile plans start at $7.50* and Optimum Mobile plans start as low $15. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Mint Mobile and Optimum Mobile.
|Mint Mobile 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$7.50/mo $15/mo|
|Mint Mobile 15GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$10/mo $20/mo|
|Mint Mobile 20GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||20GB||$12.50/mo $25/mo|
|Mint Mobile unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$15/mo $30/mo|
|Optimum Mobile 1GB plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$15/mo|
|Optimum Mobile 3GB plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||3GB||$25/mo|
|Optimum Mobile unlimited data plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$30/mo|
|Optimum Mobile unlimited data plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$40/mo|
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile and Optimum Mobile is powered by AT&T. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Mint Mobile coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Optimum Mobile coverage
Optimum Mobile is powered by AT&T 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile plan features
|Carrier Features||Mint Mobile||Optimum Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - 3 mths prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 7 days||Yes - 14 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico & Canada|
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile customer service
Mint Mobile customer service
Contact Mint Mobile customer care
Call (800) 683-7392
Tag @Mintmobile on Twitter
Optimum Mobile customer service
Contact Optimum Mobile customer care
Call (888) 211-4727
Tag @AlticeUSA on Twitter
Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile FAQs
Mint Mobile comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Mint Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Mint Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Mint Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Mint Mobile vs PureTalk
- Mint Mobile vs Reach Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Spectrum Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Mint Mobile vs Tello
- Mint Mobile vs Total by Verizon