T-Mobile vs Tello: Which carrier is best?
We compared T-Mobile & Tello Mobile plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Tello or T-Mobile is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Tello and T-Mobile coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
T-Mobile vs Tello: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Tello vs T-Mobile plans
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Tello operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 0GB data
- $804 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Tello 0GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
Tello phone plans keep things simple with their wireless service. None of those hidden fees or long-term contracts that'll leave you feeling trapped.
With free international calls to 60+ countries on all plans, including Canada and Mexico, and a range of data allowances suitable for light to heavy users.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free international calling to 60+ countries
- Free mobile hotspot included
- Excellent score on Trustpilot
- eSIM compatible
- No international roaming
- No multi-line discounts
- Not only are their plans affordable for all budgets, but you can build your own plan. Depending on your usage, you get to choose how much data, minutes, and texts you need, so you're not paying for stuff you don't use.
- It's always worth checking your data usage as a set data plan could save money and help restrict excessive phone usage.
- Mobile hotspot is available with a limit of 5 GB of data.
- Tello doesn't offer any discounts if you purchase multiple lines, so if you're looking to get a plan for another family member, each line is billed as a single line at full price. However, you can still save money due to the low cost of their individual plans.
- Being online-based means that activation of an eSIM plan can take just a few clicks, or you can have a SIM card mailed to you.
Compare T-Mobile unlimited plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile Magenta MAX||Unlimited||$90||$1,080|
|T-Mobile Go5G Plus||Unlimited||$95||$1,140|
T-Mobile vs Tello comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Tello||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$25/mo||$300/yr|
Tello vs T-Mobile coverage
Tello is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Tello is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Tello vs T-Mobile plan features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - Postpaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 3 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico, Canada & China|
Tello vs T-Mobile customer service
Tello customer service
Contact Tello customer care
Call (866) 377-0294
Tag @tellomobile on Twitter
T-Mobile customer service
Contact T-Mobile customer care
Call (877) 746-0909
Tag @TMobile on Twitter
T-Mobile vs T-Mobile FAQs
Tello comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Tello
- Boost Mobile vs Tello
- Lycamobile vs Tello
- Mint Mobile vs Tello
- Red Pocket vs Tello
- Tello vs Boost Infinite
- Tello vs Consumer Cellular
- Tello vs Cricket Wireless
- Tello vs Kroger Wireless
- Tello vs Lycamobile
- Tello vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Tello vs Optimum Mobile
- Tello vs PureTalk
- Tello vs Reach Mobile
- Tello vs Red Pocket