MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
If you're tired of overpaying on your cell phone plan, an MVNO like Ultra Mobile could be the solution.
With Ultra Mobile, you can get high-quality service without breaking the bank.
Compare Ultra Mobile phone plans, and find out how to switch to this low-cost carrier, and bring your own phone.
Switch to Ultra Mobile Deals in 2023
How to switch to an Ultra Mobile plan
Switching to Ultra Mobile is a breeze. Just follow these simple steps for a smooth switchover:
- Coverage: Before switching, check your ZIP code with our Ultra Mobile coverage map to ensure coverage in your area.
- Evaluate your needs: Check your usage to determine your essential data, talk, and text needs because Ultra Mobile offers a range of plans suitable for all needs.
- Compare plans: Check out all of Ultra Mobile's plans to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Porting your number: If you want to keep your existing phone number, you can easily transfer it to Ultra Mobile. You can do this when activating your SIM card. But don't cancel your current contract until your telephone number transfer is complete.
- Bring your own phone or upgrade: If you're happy with your existing handset, you can bring it to Ultra Mobile as long as it's unlocked. Or, if you want a new cell phone, Ultra Mobile offers a range of new cell phones with affordable interest-free monthly payments.
- Buy your SIM card: When you've decided on your plan, your Ultra Mobile SIM card will be sent to you within a few days. Or if you've got a phone that supports eSIMs, your new plan can be live within minutes.
Bring your own phone to Ultra Mobile
With Ultra Mobile, you can bring your own unlocked cell phone and avoid the expense and stress of buying a new device or transferring your information.
It's one of the biggest benefits of low-cost carriers, helping you to save more money on your monthly bill.
If you're bringing your own phone, before purchasing your SIM card, there are a couple of things to check:
- Unlock your phone: It's common for major networks to lock your phone to their network to prevent you from switching, but they all have an unlocking policy. As long as your phone's not been reported lost, stolen, or used in fraudulent activity, your current carrier should unlock your phone.
- Phone compatibility: As long as your phone's unlocked, it should be compatible with Ultra Mobile. But you can double-check with our phone compatibility checker using your IMEI number.
Ultra Mobile plans
Ultra Mobile offers a good selection of plans to fit all needs and budgets.
- Unlimited data plan: An unlimited data plan (capped at 40GB of high-speed data) from Ultra Mobile is half the price of going direct to a major network.
- Family plans: Ultra Mobile offers the Ultra Flex, which provides unlimited talk and text and offers a discount for each additional line added.
- Talk & Text plan: If you don't need any data, you don't have to pay for something you don't use with their talk & text plan.
All of Ultra Mobile's plans come with the following:
- Unlimited talk & text
- 5G high-speed data
- Free unlimited international calling to 80+ countries
- Wi-Fi calling
Activating your Ultra Mobile SIM card
You can activate your Ultra Mobile SIM card online with some simple steps.
Go to the activation page on the Ultra Mobile website and follow the instructions. You'll need your 11-digit activation number from your SIM kit.
If you want to transfer your existing number, you'll need to contact your current carrier and get a transfer PIN. Then when you're setting up your new SIM card, you'll need to give this PIN to Ultra Mobile.
A quick tip: Keep your current service open until your number's been transferred to avoid any problems.
Why choose Ultra Mobile?
As an MVNO, Ultra Mobile provides a range of great benefits:
- Affordability: Ultra Mobile plans start at around $15 a month. They can help you save up to $600 a year on your cell phone bill without compromising quality coverage or service.
- Reliable coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive excellent coverage and reliable service wherever you go. Currently one of the best networks for 5G, according to this Root Metrics report.
- No contracts: There are no long-term contracts. However, you can commit to 3,6, or 12 months for better savings. The longer you commit, the more you'll be able to save.
- Free international calling: Not all MVNOs offer free international calling, but with Ultra Mobile, you get free international calls and texts to 80+ countries.
Switch to Ultra Mobile FAQs:
Recap: How do I switch to Ultra Mobile?
Switching to Ultra Mobile can be a game-changer if you want to save money on your cell phone plan.
With plenty of affordable options, the flexibility to bring your own phone, and excellent network coverage, Ultra Mobile offers a compelling alternative to expensive plans.
If you want to dig deeper into this MVNO, you can read our Ultra Mobile review.
Ultra Mobile FAQs
- Ultra Mobile Compatible Phones List
- Ultra Mobile APN Settings
- Ultra Mobile Customer Service FAQs
- Does Ultra Mobile have a Free Trial?
- Does Ultra Mobile have a Promo Code?
- Does Ultra Mobile have Unlimited Data?
- How to Activate Ultra Mobile SIM Card
- How to Get a Free Ultra Mobile SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for Ultra Mobile
- How to Switch to Ultra Mobile
- What is Ultra Mobile? Is it Worth it?