Cheap T-Mobile cell phone plans in October
Get T-Mobile coverage without T-Mobile prices
If you're not willing to switch coverage but don't want to keep paying those high prices for T-Mobile you're not alone, and you have options with T-Mobile MVNOs.
Yep, T-Mobile's MVNOs have the save great reliable T-Mobile 4G LTE coverage their customers enjoy but at a fraction of the cost.
How? Well, MVNOs buy service in bulk from the big four networks and resell it to consumers at a lower cost.
They're able to do so because they don't spend the millions of dollars in advertising per year like the big four and they also don't have a lot of brick-and-mortars to run which saves them A LOT of money. In fact, a lot of them operate solely online.
T-Mobile unlimited phone plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile Magenta Max||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
Do you really need T-Mobile unlimited data?
Even though the big four carriers make it sound like a necessity, unlimited data may be costing you way more than you need to pay.
When we looked at the numbers we found that T-Mobile unlimited plan customers use an average of just 6 GB of data per month. You wouldn't pay for a whole tank of gas then only pump a gallon, would you? It's like throwing money away!
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||10GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Cheap T-Mobile phone plan benefits
Want to stay on the same network, keep your phone and number, plus get greater flexibility?
Yep. You've got it. Forget the major carriers. Plans include everything you need, but come at a much better price with an MVNO.
- Same great nationwide coverage: These cell phone carriers operate on the very same networks as the big four carriers.
- Much lower prices: Save up to $600 per year on your cell phone plan. Why are MVNOs so much cheaper? They don't have the huge overhead and advertising costs the big guys do.
- No contracts: Don't get trapped into a two-year agreement. Switch carriers when you decide to with a no contract phone plan.
- Same cell phone service: Just because you're paying less, that doesn't mean you have to scrimp on features. Plans with unlimited everything are easy to find from these prepaid carriers. Usually, a low cost carrier plan comes with unlimited talk and text as standard, high-speed data, and even mobile hotspot data features.
- Keep your phone and number: You can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. No need to sign up for pricey device payments.
- Customize your plan: You decide how much data you need. Choose to pay as you go, opt for unlimited or no data, minimal minutes, or unlimited talk text and data. Unlimited data plans come at a much better price with an alternative carrier. Pick the plan options that fit your budget - not the one your carrier thinks you need.
- Great customer support: Smaller mobile providers are known for their attention to their customers. Stop feeling like an anonymous number getting lost in the crowd! Check out our carrier user reviews before switching.
T-Mobile cell phone plans comparison
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||12GB||$20Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$11** Extra 20% Off with code: MSP20|
T-Mobile phone plan features
- 4G LTE data speeds: Since T-Mobile MVNOs are all powered by the T-Mobile network, you'll pay less without sacrificing speed.
- Unlimited talk and text messaging: Finding a new unlimited plan has never been easier. Virtually all small carriers include unlimited text and calls in their plan options. Compare cheap talk and text plans with or without data.
- International calls to Canada and Mexico: International calling is a must for many people. Luckily MVNOs offer some of the best international phone plans, with free calling to certain countries like Canada and Mexico, and discounted rates on others.
- Multiline discounts: Low-cost carriers also offer some of the cheapest family cell phone plans, with multi-line discounts.
- Wi-Fi calling: This feature is handy when you're out of your service area, allowing you to make calls over the internet instead of on your cellular connection.
- Tethering/hotspot data: Many low-cost carriers allow you to use your phone as a hotspot. Pick an MVNO with the best mobile hotspot plans so you can share your mobile hotspot data with other devices.
- HD video streaming: Just like the big guys, some MVNOs offer HD video streaming and some don't. Read the fine print to find the option you want.
T-Mobile network coverage comparison
Which prepaid carrier is best for you? That depends on which network has the best coverage in your area.
Network performance ratings
T-Mobile cell phone plan types
- Unlimited plans: Looking for unlimited talk text and data? Alternative carriers have got you covered. Data hungry users looking for unlimited plus plans can save serious money by switching to one of the cheapest T-Mobile unlimited data plans. Not sure how much data you need? Check out our data usage calculator.
- Basic plans: If you (or a loved one) only use a cell phone to make a few calls, send a couple of messages and rarely go online then you can opt for a simply prepaid plan. You get basic cell phone functions, an allowance for minutes of talk, and usually around 2GB of data at a great price. Once you run out of your data allotment, speeds slow, but it's usually very easy to add on more.
- Family plans: Need four lines or more? Many MVNOs offer group plans. Compare the cheapest T-Mobile family plans so you can pick and choose what each family member needs.
- Bring your own phone plans: T-Mobile BYOP plans are the norm with smaller carriers. Compare cell phone prices and get a great deal to go with your cheap cell phone plan!
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium rate just because you only need one line. Find the best T-Mobile phone plans for individuals.
- Talk and text only plans: Don't need data? No problem - compare cheap T-Mobile basic plans. Bonus, you'll save a ton of money if you're not paying for data!
- Tablet plans: Find the cheapest T-Mobile tablet data plan or iPad.
- Kids plans: MVNOs offer the best T-Mobile plans for kids because you can tailor them to exactly what you want your child to have.
- Senior plans: Senior citizens often have different cell phone needs. Compare cheap T-Mobile plans for seniors for the perfect fit.
Switching to a cheap T-Mobile carrier
It's never been easier to switch. Let's break it down.
- Customize your plan. Whether you're looking for a truly unlimited plan, or in the market for something more basic, choose a plan to suit your cell phone needs.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure your old bills are paid up and your phone is unlocked. If you're getting a new device, transferring data from one to another is simple. Even if you're going from an iPhone to Android, and vice versa.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old account. If you've got a new device with your Tello plan, it should be ready to use when it arrives. If you're bringing your own phone then you'll need to follow the instructions with the new SIM card kit that Tello will send to you in the post.
Bring your T-Mobile phone & save your money
You need simple in your life. The great thing about MVNOs is that switching carriers is easy.
You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). Once you've checked with your new provider about phone compatibility the rest is a breeze.
Most low-cost carriers simply provide you with a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your mobile phone and follow the provider's instructions. Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
T-Mobile MVNO carriers list
|Boom! Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Metro by T-Mobile||T-Mobile|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Walmart Family Mobile||T-Mobile|
T-Mobile cell phone deals
You have the same great phone options with T-Mobile as you do with almost every other carrier:
- Bring your own phone – T-Mobile operates on the GSM network so you'll have the best luck bringing your own phone if you're switching from AT&T. If you do, you'll just want to change the APN settings and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – T-Mobile offers the latest and greatest phone options both in-store and online. Keep in mind though, if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money by shopping for the best T-Mobile cell phone deals. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy from multiple carriers.
T-Mobile cell phone prices
|Apple iPhone SE||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$399|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$629|
|Samsung Galaxy S20||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$699|
|Apple iPhone 12||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$729|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$729|
|Apple iPhone 13||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$829|
|Samsung Galaxy Note20||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$949|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||Verizon, T-Mobile||US Mobile||$999|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$999|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$999|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$1,099|
|Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra||T-Mobile||Mint Mobile||$1,249|
T-Mobile cell phone plan FAQs
What is the best T-Mobile cell phone plan?
The best plan is personal to your needs. T-Mobile MVNOs such as Mint Mobile and US Mobile provide low-cost customizable plans to suit everyone, while still giving you access to T-Mobile's nationwide coverage.
How can I get a better deal with T-Mobile?
What is the cheapest cell phone plan with T-Mobile?
Finding the best cell phone plan on the T-Mobile network is easy with T-Mobile MVNOs.
With these no contract plans, you'll find all the same features including unlimited data, international calling, mobile hotspot and the flexibility to amend your plan at any time.
If you're happy with your current handset you can save an extra few hundred dollars by bringing your own phone. Low cost carriers like Red Pocket Mobile make it easy to switch and install your new SIM card and you can be up and running in a few days.
If you're new to T-Mobile you can check coverage in your area using your ZIP code with our free tool. If you're still not sure T-Mobile MVNOs have the best deal for you, there's plenty of options with AT&T plans and Verizon plans.