Bets T-Mobile phone plans in 2021
T-Mobile boasts almost 100 million cell phone subscribers.
While they offer huge cell phone coverage, they have prices to match.
We're going to show you how you can keep your T-Mobile phone, number, and network coverage and save up to $600 per line.
T-Mobile vs T-Mobile MVNO savings
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||8GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
T-Mobile coverage without T-Mobile prices
If you're not willing to switch coverage but don't want to keep paying those high prices for T-Mobile you're not alone, and you have options with T-Mobile MVNOs.
Yep, T-Mobile's MVNOs have the save great reliable T-Mobile 4G LTE coverage their customers enjoy but at a fraction of the cost.
How? Well, MVNOs buy service in bulk from the big four networks and resell it to consumers at a lower cost.
They're able to do so because they don't spend the millions of dollars in advertising per year like the big four and they also don't have a lot of brick-and-mortars to run which saves them A LOT of money. In fact, a lot of them operate solely online.
T-Mobile prepaid plans comparison
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||3GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|US Mobile||Verizon||Unltd||$40Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Unreal Mobile||T-Mobile||2GB||$10** $5 Off for 1 Month|
Low cost T-Mobile carrier benefits
Cheap cell phone plans may be the reason you come to a prepaid carrier but there are plenty of other benefits as well:
- Service on the same reliable T-Mobile 4G LTE network you love.
- 50% or more off your monthly plan.
- Flexible custom plans.
- No contracts or overage charges with prepaid service.
- Bring your own T-Mobile phone and number.
- Great customer service.
- Easy to switch by ordering a new SIM card online.
Best T-Mobile cell phone plans
Best cheap T-Mobile prepaid plan
See more T-Mobile prepaid plans
Best T-Mobile unlimited data plan
See more T-Mobile unlimited plans
Best T-Mobile family plan
See more T-Mobile family plans
Best T-Mobile talk & text only plan
Best T-Mobile data only plan
See more T-Mobile data only plans
Do you really need T-Mobile unlimited data?
Even though the big four carriers make it sound like a necessity, unlimited data may be costing you way more than you need to pay.
When we looked at the numbers we found that T-Mobile unlimited plan customers use an average of just 6 GB of data per month. You wouldn't pay for a whole tank of gas then only pump a gallon, would you? It's like throwing money away!
A smarter strategy is to figure out how much data you actually do need, then buy a plan that fits your usage. We make it easy to get the real scoop with our data usage calculator.
How to switch to a low cost T-Mobile carrier
Before you overwhelm yourself with carrier reviews it's best to know exactly what it is you want out of your carrier. Ask yourself:
- Does the T-Mobile network cover the area you live in?
- How much data do you need?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
T-Mobile carrier list
|Red Pocket Mobile||T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T|
|Consumer Cellular||T-Mobile, AT&T|
|Metro by T-Mobile||T-Mobile|
|Net10 Wireless||T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, U.S. Cellular|
|Google Fi||T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Three|
|TracFone||T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T|
T-Mobile cell phone deals
You have the same great phone options with T-Mobile as you do with almost every other carrier:
- Bring your own phone – T-Mobile operates on the GSM network so you'll have the best luck bringing your own phone if you're switching from AT&T. If you do, you'll just want to change the APN settings and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – T-Mobile offers the latest and greatest phone options both in-store and online. Keep in mind though, if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money by shopping for the best T-Mobile cell phone deals. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy from multiple carriers.
If you choose to BYOP in any capacity you can get a T-Mobile SIM card either online or in-store.
T-Mobile prepaid plans are a great way to cut your phone bill. You can save money multiple ways.