MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
If you're transitioning to Verizon's wireless network and need to activate your new Verizon eSIM, we've got you covered.
In this comprehensive guide, you'll learn how to activate an eSIM (embedded SIM), whether you're getting a new device or using the bring your own phone option.
Verizon eSIM Activation
Verizon eSIM-compatible phones
Before you begin the activation process, it's important to confirm that your phone supports eSIM. Verizon supports a wide range of eSIM-compatible devices.
If you plan to bring your own phone, use our phone compatibility checker by entering your IMEI number to ensure it's compatible with Verizon.
Verizon eSIM pre-activation checklist
We know you're eager to get going; however, first you should check that:
- Your phone is unlocked from your previous carrier.
- You have your account number and transfer PIN from your previous carrier handy.
- Your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Verizon eSIM activation
If you're activating an eSIM on an existing Verizon line, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Activate a Device on an Existing Line" page in your My Verizon account online.
- Select the line you want to activate.
- For iPhone 10-13, choose "IMEI2" for eSIM activation. For iPhone 14 users, select the specific IMEI you wish to activate.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete activation.
Android users who want to activate eSIM service on an existing line contact Verizon customer support by dialing *611 or 800-922-0204.
Activating eSIM on a new line
To activate your new Verizon service, you can either:
- Download the My Verizon app and follow the prompts, or
- Visit Verizon's Bring Your Own Device page, select your plan, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Adding an eSIM line
To add an eSIM line, you can either:
- Open the My Verizon app, go to Shop > Bring your device, and follow the instructions, or
- Go to Verizon's Add a Line page.
Activating a Verizon prepaid eSIM
Assuming you're bringing your own phone:
- Visit the Verizon Bring Your Own Device page.
- Pick a plan.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Troubleshooting Verizon eSIM activation
Don't panic - eSIM activation typically goes off without a hitch. Here are some pro tips, though, if you do run into any issues:
- Phone compatibility: Ensure your phone is unlocked, compatible with Verizon's network, and supports eSIM.
- Software updates: Check your phone's operating system to ensure you've got the most up-to-date version.
- Wi-Fi connection: A stable Wi-Fi network is essential to install your eSIM.
Affordable Verizon eSIM plans
Interested in Verizon service without breaking the bank? Consider switching to a low-cost carrier known as an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator).
Here's what you'll gain by switching to a low-cost carrier:
- Savings of up to half off the major carriers
- Customizable plans
- No contract
- Change to another carrier anytime
Compare the best Verizon prepaid eSIM plans for the top recommendations from our team of experts.
Verizon eSIM activation FAQs
Recap - How do I activate my Verizon eSIM?
Getting your Verizon eSIM up and running is usually a breeze, plus you'll never have to worry about those annoying SIM trays again.
If you want to save big on your phone plan without giving up coverage and quality, think about switching to a budget-friendly carrier on the Verizon network.
You can also compare the best eSIM plans from MVNOs across all networks to find incredible savings.