CREDO Mobile phone service in 2021
- Unlimited data plan option
- Donates 1% of profits to charity
- Family plans available
- Phone payment plan
- Expensive for an MVNO
- No BYOP option
- Heavy political slant
- No prepaid plans
Its founders began a non-profit agency back in the 80's and now are happy that they can donate to non-profits today. In fact, they've donated over $86 million and grown a CREDO Action network in hopes to make real changes in the world.
The company slogan seems to be "Now is the time. Let's fight for change together." And it's clearly a motto they live by.
Ready to hear more about this MVNO? Read on for our full CREDO Mobile review.
CREDO Mobile Prepaid Plans
When it comes to savings, there are many cheaper prepaid plans available, but it is cheaper than a Verizon plan.
The average Verizon Wireless customer with an unlimited data plan uses 4GB of data or less per month. That's a lot of unnecessary data that they're paying for.
Let's compare that data plan to what you would be paying with CREDO Mobile for their 3GB plan (since they don't have a 4GB plan).
Making the switch will save you hundreds of dollars a year! Not sure if 3GB of data is enough for you? They do offer more plans, including an unlimited data plan (although it is pretty pricey).
To be sure of how much data you need – check out our handy data usage calculator!
CREDO Mobile Savings
Verizon vs CREDO Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $300 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|CREDO Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||9GB||$55/mo||$660/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$25/mo||$300/yr|
CREDO Mobile Coverage
As CREDO Mobile's coverage is leased from Verizon, CREDO Mobile's coverage map allows you access to the most extensive nationwide 4G LTE coverage, even when compared to the AT&T or T-Mobile networks.
Along with blazing fast connection speeds that compete with the T-Mobile network, you can expect to receive stability as it pertains to call quality and sending or receiving texts.
You can check out our guide on the best cell phone coverage to compare the Verizon Wireless network to the networks of other major carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile services.
CREDO Mobile Cell Phone Plans
CREDO Mobile Phone Deals
CREDO Mobile gives you as many phone options as the big guys do:
- Bring your own phone - Since CREDO Mobile operates on a CDMA network, you'll be all set with compatibility if you have a Sprint or Verizon phone. You may have to change the APN settings though (a simple process) and don't forget to make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – CREDO Mobile offers a huge selection of phones through their site. However, you need to keep in mind that if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save up to 50% off retail by shopping for refurbished phones compatible with CREDO Mobile. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple and Android phones from reputable sellers.
You might be new to the MVNO game, and that's OK. Here are some questions you should go over before switching to CREDO Mobile:
- Does CREDO Mobile have good coverage in your area?
- How much data do you need each month?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
CREDO Mobile plans will give you coverage from the Verizon 4G LTE network but at a discounted price! Remember to compare their offers with cheap cell phone plans from other carriers before making your decision.
Save even more money on your CREDO Mobile plan by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of a brand new (expensive) device.
If you choose to buy refurbished, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash!
You don't need to take our word for it - find out what real customers are saying with our CREDO Mobile user reviews.