Page Plus phone service in 2021
- Unlimited data plan option
- Monthly plans and 4G or 3G pay-as-you-go plans
- Available in retail stores
- User-friendly website
- Competitive pricing for a Verizon MVNO
- Less than stellar customer service
- Mobile hotspot not permitted
Page Plus Cellular was founded in 1993 as Page Plus Communications in Toledo, Ohio. In 1998 they renamed to Page Plus Cellular and began servicing areas in Ohio and Michigan until 2000 when they launched nationwide.
That's right you get the same network as Verizon customers – just at a discounted price.
They're able to do so for many reasons but the biggest is probably the fact that they generally operate solely online. Although some MVNOs do have a few brick-and-mortars to operate they aren't paying nearly as much as the big four in advertising. So they pass their savings on to you.
Ready to know more about this MVNO? Read on for our full Page Plus Cellular review.
Page Plus Prepaid Plans
|3GB Data Plan||Verizon||3GB||$30|
|8GB Data Plan||Verizon||8GB||$40|
Page Plus plans will certainly save you money. Let's see how they compare to Verizon.
The average Verizon Wireless customer with an unlimited data plan uses 4GB of data or less per month. Now let's compare their data plan to what you would be paying with Page Plus Cellular for their 5GB plan (they don't have a 4GB plan).
By switching to Page Plus Cellular you're saving almost half of what you're currently paying with Verizon! Now that's some amazing savings.
Not sure if you can live without unlimited data? Don't worry they've got you covered with an affordable unlimited data plan as well. But, just so you know, you probably don't need unlimited data – that's where we come in. Use our handy data usage calculator to find out how much data you really need.
Page Plus Savings
Verizon vs Page Plus Cellular Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $480 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|Page Plus Cellular||Verizon 4G LTE||8GB||$40/mo||$480/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$40/mo||$480/yr|
Page Plus Coverage
Page Plus Cellular happens to operate on the Verizon network. In other words, Page Plus's coverage is powered by the best of the four major networks.
If you'd like to know more about how Verizon compares with competitors in terms of coverage, you can always visit the article, "Who Has the Best Cell Phone Coverage?"
Page Plus Cell Phone Plans
Page Plus Phone Deals
Page Plus Cellular gives you as many phone options as the big guys do:
- Bring your own phone - Since Page Plus Cellular operates on a CDMA network, you'll be all set with compatibility if you have a Sprint or Verizon phone. You may have to change the APN settings (don't fret, it's simple) and don't forget to make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – Page Plus Cellular offers a small selection of phones on their site. However, they don't have the newest devices. Keep in mind that if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for refurbished phone compatible with Page Plus. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple and Android devices from reputable sellers.
Once you have your device be sure to order your Page Plus SIM card online.
Here are some questions you should go over before switching to an MVNO such as Page Plus Cellular:
- Does Page Plus Cellular service cover your area?
- How much data do you need each month?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
Page Plus Cellular plans gives you coverage from the Verizon 4G LTE network but for almost half the price! Make sure to compare their deals with cheap cell phone plans from other low-cost carriers before you make your mind up.
Find out what real customers are saying with our Page Plus Cellular user reviews.
Save even more money on your Page Plus Cellular plan by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of a brand new device.
If you choose to buy refurbished, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash in your pocket!