They have a unique model for their cell phone service in that they prioritize Wi-Fi first and when that's not available they fall back on partnerships with Sprint and T-Mobile (whichever one has the strongest connection in the area).
COMPARE NOW: Republic Wireless Cell Phone Plans
Republic Wireless allows you to control your plan right from your app. You can add/subtract data each month based on your usage the previous month. The app will also notify you when you're running low on data so you can better conserve it.
It is worth mentioning that as of 2018 Republic Wireless does not support iOS devices.
Ready to hear what else this MVNO has in store for you? Check out our full guide to see what Republic Wireless to offer.
Table of Contents
Republic Wireless Highlights
- Coverage on the Sprint and T-Mobile networks
- Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Money-back guarantee - cancel your service within 14 days of activation and receive a full refund for the cost of your plan
- Bring your own unlocked compatible device or purchase a Republic Wireless phone (carrier-branded phones aren't compatible)
- Keep your phone number
- Calling to Canada is supported; other international calling is available via international calling card
- Talk while roaming internationally is available via a Wi-Fi connection
- 24/7 US-based customer support
Republic Wireless Cell Phone Plans
Republic Wireless plans give you the freedom you didn't even know you needed – and all at an affordable price.
With Republic Wireless you just pay the base price for unlimited talk and text plus a set amount per GB of data. Let's take a look at how that compares to one of the carriers they lean on, T-Mobile.
The average T-Mobile user on an unlimited data plan uses less than 6GB of data/month. So compare that unlimited data plan with Republic Wireless' 6GB data plan and you've got yourself a deal you can't ignore.
That's hundreds of dollars you could be saving by making the switch!
To find out how much data you need head on over to our data usage calculator and customize your coverage without the risk.
Republic Wireless Pricing: Is it Competitive?
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$70||$840|
|Republic Wireless||T-Mobile 4G LTE||6GB||$45||$540|
|* Avg T-Mobile user on unlimited plan uses less than 6GB data per month|
Republic Wireless Coverage
Republic Wireless' coverage map reveals that the MVNO relies on two networks: the Sprint and T-Mobile networks. Though the Sprint and T-Mobile networks aren't the best available, they are incredibly solid, especially in urban areas. That being said, they only serve as backups: all phone usage will primarily go through Wi-Fi.
You can compare these two networks with the Verizon and AT&T networks with our guide, "Who Has the Best Cell Phone Coverage?"
Republic Wireless Phones
When it comes to phones your options are limited through Republic Wireless. As of 2018, they still don't support Apple devices. So if you're a loyal iOS user unfortunately this MVNO isn't for you. If you're an Android user though, you've still got a few options:
- Bring your own phone – Republic Wireless operates on both GSM and CDMA networks, so you'll have not trouble bringing your device from any other carriers. You'll just want to change the APN settings (don't worry, it's easy) and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – This carrier offers a limited number of devices online through their store. However, they do offer the latest and greatest Android phones. You can also make monthly payments on your device. But keep in mind, this will bring your bill up possibly to the same rate you're paying now.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for refurbished phones compatible with Republic Wireless. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Android devices from reputable sellers.
Key Considerations When Choosing Republic Wireless
If MVNO is a new concept for you, you're not alone, but you may have quite a few questions. In order to decide on an MVNO such as Republic Wireless, here are a few questions you'll want to know the answer to:
- Do you have a compatible Android phone?
- How much data do you need?
- Are you going to bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
Republic Wireless plans give you coverage from Sprint and T-Mobile 4G LTE networks for an amazing discounted price. Compare their deals with cheap cell phone plans for other carriers before making your mind up.
Find out what real customers are saying with our Republic Wireless user reviews.
You can save even more money with your plan by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of a new device with your new plan.
If you choose to upgrade, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash in your pockets!
COMPARE NOW: Republic Wireless Cell Phone Plans