- Wide range of plans
- Unlimited talk and text
- Unlimited data plan
- Family plan option
- Refund on unused data
- Focus on customer service
- Newer carrier without established reputation
Wing - which runs on the nationwide Sprint network - claims to offer something that's too rare in the wireless carrier world - a painless customer service experience.
The MVNO was founded in 2017 by a pair of millennials with a proven track record of successful business creation (David Arabov and Jonathan Francis of Elite Daily).
MVNOs are smaller mobile carriers that use the big four wireless networks, usually offering lower prices on the same reliable service.
In addition to positioning itself as "A phone carrier that is actually nice to you", Wing gives you another unique benefit - a refund on your unused data.
You can choose from a full spectrum of plans - no data up to unlimited, and each comes with a suite of other great perks.
Want to learn more about Wing? Keep reading - we've got the scoop in this Wing Mobile review.
- Coverage on the Sprint network
- Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your own phone or buy a Wing phone
- Keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot/tethering supported
- International calling available
- International roaming supported at applicable rates
- 24-hour customer service by phone or chat
Wing Cell Prepaid Plans
|Unlimited Talk & Text||Unltd/Unltd||0GB||$12|
Wing plans run the gamut both in terms of substance and price. We're not going to sugar coat it - their pricing isn't the cheapest. Instead, they've set themselves up as a wireless company that offers you a better experience and more benefits.
The plans range from flip phone plans with a small amount of 3G data up to unlimited data plans (after 22 GB of high-speed use you'll get 2G speeds).
All plans come with:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Tethering/mobile hotspot use
- HD voice and Wi-Fi calling
- Visual voicemail
- Group messaging
You can also choose a family cell phone plan with different data amounts on each line.
The big deal with Wing is their "Dynamic Pricing", which amounts to a bill credit for unused data. They measure your usage by the .5 GB and then credit your next bill with a few bucks for each half gig you didn't use.
Dynamic Pricing does not apply to plans under 1 GB or to unlimited data plans.
Wing also offers cheap international data so you won't have any surprises when you come home from a trip.
AT&T vs Wing Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $240 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Wing||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd||$55/mo||$660/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$20/mo||$240/yr|
Wing operates on the nationwide 4G LTE Sprint network. This means you won't sacrifice call quality but you won't be stuck with one of the impersonal, behemoth wireless companies either.
If you haven't used Sprint, you can easily check for coverage in your area with our Wing coverage map.
These days all four major wireless networks offer coverage in over 90% of the country, so chances are good you'll be in Wing's service area.
Wing Cell Phone Plans
Wing Phone Deals
Wing also stands apart from other MVNOs when it comes to device options. Let's take a look at a few ways you can handle your phone situation when switching to Wing.
Bring Your Own Phone
It's easy to bring your own phone to your Wing plan. You can do this in a couple of different ways:
- Bring a compatible phone that you already own. As long as you have a Sprint phone or a compatible unlocked CDMA phone (Sprint is a CDMA network) you should be good to go.
- Bring a compatible phone that you're leasing from a different carrier. Wing will handle all of the details with your current carrier, transferring your lease payments over to their own payment program.
- Bring a phone from a different network. This is where things get really unique with this carrier. Wing will exchange your incompatible phone for a similar make and model that is compatible with their service - at no extra cost!
Buy a New or Used Phone
Don't want to pay retail price? Consider buying a Wing-compatible refurbished cell phone - get a top device in great working condition for less than half of retail.
Regardless of your phone choice you'll need to get a Wing SIM card from the carrier. They will ship you one free of charge.
Deciding on a wireless carrier can be tough, we know. Ask yourself these questions to help you make the right choice:
- Does the Sprint network offer coverage in your area?
- Are you a heavy data user?
- Do you want a no-contract plan with no hidden fees?
- Are you shopping for a family plan?
- Do you want a more personalized customer service experience from your wireless company?
- Do you have a compatible phone or need an installment payments option on your upgrade?
Wing - at least so far in its young life - seems like a totally different kind of wireless company. Let's recap a few things that set this carrier apart:
- Refund on unused data
- Cheap international data
- No need to contact your ex-carrier - Wing deals with everything for you
- Phone replacement for incompatible device
Initial customer reaction is positive, which means Wing may be worth a look if you're unhappy with your current wireless carrier.
Check out other Sprint MVNOs to see how they measure up against Wing for features and price!