Fed up with high cell phone bills?
Tired of committing to one carrier and getting stuck with whatever they decide to charge for your postpaid plan?
Sprint prepaid cell phone plans are a great alternative. You prepay plan costs so there are no surprises.
Best of all, you don't have to pay big carrier prices to take advantage of the reliable Sprint wireless network.
COMPARE NOW: Sprint cell phone plans starting at $10 per month
Ahead in this guide, I'll show you how to find the best Sprint prepaid plans to fit your need, save 50% off your wireless bill and pay less than half of retail price for your favorite smartphone. Let's get saving!
Table of Contents
Love the Sprint Network but Hate Postpaid Plan Prices?
If you've ever been a customer on one of the big four you know the volatility of cellular service prices can be frustrating. USA Today reports that analysts think rates could climb even more in the near future.
'So how do you stay out of the fray and keep your wireless bills under control? MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators - are shaking up the competition with lower prices, flexible prepaid plans, and total freedom (no contracts, overage charges, or early termination fees).
MVNOs are simply smaller carriers that lease space on the four major wireless networks. They have lower overhead costs because most of them operate online rather than in brick-and-mortar retail stores. This allows them to give you cheaper prices on their phone plans.
Benefits of Choosing a Sprint Prepaid MVNO
Let go of your preconceived notions about prepaid carriers and embrace the advantages:
- Service on the same reliable 4G LTE network you're used to
- Cheaper by 50% or more
- Flexible custom plans so you don't overpay for what you don't need
- No contracts
- Bring your own phone and keep your phone number
- High customer service ratings
- Easy to switch by ordering a new SIM card online
In just a minute we'll look at the best Sprint MVNOs.
Read More: Check out our guide on the Best Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
Do You Really Need Unlimited Data?
The big four put a lot of effort - and advertising dollars - into convincing you that unlimited data plans are an absolute necessity. But are they?
You might be surprised to learn that Sprint unlimited plan customers use an average of 5 GB of data per billing cycle. You wouldn't buy three shoes, would you? You've only got two feet! Don't pay for more data than you use either.
You might be wondering how to figure out how much data you need. We make it simple and fast with our data usage calculator.
The Best Prepaid Sprint MVNOs
Once you know exactly what kind of plan you need, it's time to start shopping for a service provider. Here are our top picks for the best Sprint MVNOs in terms of features, plan options, and pricing.
If you decide you really do need unlimited data, TextNow is a great way to get it on the cheap.
- Service switches between cellular and Wi-Fi to keep you connected
- Free ad-supported Wi-Fi plan
- Unlimited data plan available
- Ability to use your phone number on other devices
- Best results with TextNow phones
Compare Now: TextNow prepaid plans
Want to customize each component of your smartphone plan according to your specific needs? Tello is perfect for you!
- Extremely flexible plan options
- Choices from none to 10 GB of 4G LTE speed data
- Unlimited talk and text options
- Mobile hotspot use allowed
- Calling to China, Canada, and Mexico included
- Reconfigure your plan at any time
Compare Now: Tello prepaid plans
Switch to Sprint Prepaid in 3 Simple Steps
Even though it seems intimidating to change carriers, it's actually very easy and convenient.
Once you've looked over the Sprint network coverage map to make sure there's service in your area, just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a carrier. The most important thing is that you pick a carrier that has everything you want - the coverage, plan options, and pricing that fits in your budget.
- Pick a plan. Now that you know how much data you need this part should be a snap!
- Make sure your phone is compatible. Most carriers feature an easy compatibility checker tool on their websites. If you already own a Sprint device you should have no trouble bringing your own phone to your new Sprint prepaid carrier.
Need a compatible phone? We've got the solution up next.
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished Sprint Phone
You've probably noticed that smartphones keep getting more expensive each year. Even though all of the major carriers now offer no-contract plans, the device payment agreement for that brand new fancy flagship phone acts as a contract. So you still end up tied to the provider for at least two years.
Consider another alternative - a used or refurbished Sprint phone. Aside from the fact that it's a little bit ludicrous to spend more on a phone than you might spend on a nice TV (really nice), buying refurbished is a wise choice overall.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished Sprint Phone
The thriving secondhand smartphone market means plenty of advantages for you as the consumer:
- Savings of 50% or more off retail prices of top phones like the Samsung Galaxy S series
- Great variety of trustworthy seller sites
- Peace of mind perks like warranties and third-party insurance
- Environmental friendliness
Now, it is important to understand the difference between used vs. refurbished electronics. Used phones are typically sold as-is by the owner. Refurbished phones have had any issues repaired and the software is restored to factory settings.
Finally, just as you can buy a used phone, you can also sell your old phone for cash!
Compare Now: Find the cheapest price on a used Sprint smartphone
If you're serious about saving 50% on your wireless service then it's time to embrace the prepaid revolution:
- Choose the Sprint MVNO that suits your needs the best.
- Pick a monthly plan that gives you plenty of what you need, and doesn't charge you for what you don't.
- Shop used and refurbished Sprint phones and just say no to costly device installments.
With the number of prepaid users poised to increase to almost 94 million by 2019, you'll be far from alone in your budget-wise decision.
Want to see just how much you can save over your current wireless carrier? Find out in a flash with our cell phone plan savings calculator!