Best cheap T-Mobile cell phones in 2021
Upgrading your phone is an exciting event - except when it comes time to pay.
With smartphone costs spiraling out of control it's getting harder and harder to justify the huge outlay of cash (or years of monthly installments!).
Don't worry - you're not doomed to the high price tags you'll find inside T-Mobile stores.
We've got your back with plenty of ways to save, including cheap T-Mobile phones (under $300!) plus discounts on your cell phone plans. Stay tuned!
Best cheap T-Mobile iPhones
Cheapest T-Mobile iPhones
Compare cheap T-Mobile iPhone prices
|Phone||AT&T||Verizon||T-Mobile||Unlocked||iPhone 11||-||$600||$699||$600||iPhone 11 Pro||$649||-||-||$649||iPhone 12||$579||$829||$829||$579||iPhone 12 Mini||$479||$729||$729||$479||iPhone 12 Pro||$749||$999||-||$749||iPhone 12 Pro Max||$849||$1,099||-||$849||iPhone SE 2020||$149||$399||$399||$149||iPhone XR||-||$499||$499||$499|
Cheap T-Mobile refurbished phones
Refurbished Samsung phones
Cheap refurbished phone benefits
While your natural instinct may be to go for the latest flagship phone, take a minute to think about what exactly you're dishing out major dough for.
The fact is that there are plenty of great used and refurbished devices available from reputable sellers. You don't have to sacrifice quality or features to save money on your phone.
- Huge savings: Smartphones that are a couple of generations old (in great working condition) will cost you a fraction of the original retail price.
- More bang for the buck: Changes from model year to model year are typically minor. Check out our comparison of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Samsung Galaxy S9 to see what I mean. The changes are seldom worth the hefty price hike.
- Easy repairs: You may be nervous about not having an original manufacturer's warranty. That's no problem these days because of the wide availability of affordable phone repair stores.
- Own your phone - and your freedom: Financing a phone through your carrier means commitment - and higher monthly bills. Buy a T-Mobile phone and enjoy the freedom to switch carriers any time you like.
The key to saving money on your cell phone is to put function first and flash second. The truth is, you probably don't need the bells and whistles that separate a $300 phone from a $1000 one. And you could probably put that extra money to better use!
Key considerations when buying a cheap T-Mobile phone
- Warranties: Your used phone warranty depends on where you buy it. Decluttr sets the bar with its one-year limited warranty.
- Return policy: Most reputable sellers offer some type of return period. This varies between a week and a month.
- Certified pre-owned: If you prefer a little extra reassurance that your used phone has been put through the paces with inspection and testing, look for a certified device.
- Device compatibility: GSM vs. CDMA matters in terms of your phone's signal.
- Timing: Looking for a big price drop? Shop for your used T-Mobile phone right when the new generation comes out.
- Installment payments: You can find used phone sellers that offer device payment plans. Watch the interest rates, though.
Cheap T-Mobile cell phone plans
Looking to save even more money? You're in luck! Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) are one of the wireless industry's best-kept secrets. MVNOs are small carriers that lease bandwidth on the big four networks – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Simply put, you're getting big network coverage at small network prices.
MVNOs don't have the massive overhead costs the major carriers have, so they can sell service to you at a more affordable price. Signing up for an MVNO is quick and easy and is typically done completely online.
T-Mobile MVNO benefits:
- No long-term contracts
- No credit checks
- T-Mobile prepaid phone options
- Customizable plans
- High customer service ratings
- Ability to bring your own phone and keep your number
Compare cheap T-Mobile cell phone plans
|Red Pocket Mobile||AT&T||1GB||$10|
|US Mobile||Verizon||3.5GB||$15Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ting||T-Mobile||5GB||$20** $5 Off for 12 Months|
|Unreal Mobile||T-Mobile||2GB||$10** $5 Off for 1 Month|
COMPARE NOW: Cheap T-Mobile cell phone plans
Sell your old T-Mobile phone for cash
Get more money when you sell your old phone online. While you could trade your phone into your carrier for trade-in credit, you'll typically get significantly more when you use a buyback site instead. And that's cash - not credit.
Selling your phone is simple, so don't be intimidated. Buyback sites typically even provide the photos. All you need to do is ship your device off and wait to get paid!
Upgrading your phone doesn't have to mean huge debt or sacrificing the features you want:
- Compare prices from numerous carriers in one place to get the best T-Mobile phone deal.
- Switch to a cheaper cell phone plan with a T-Mobile MVNO.
- Sell your old phone for cash online, rather than in-store trade-in.
Find out exactly how much you can save with our cell phone plan savings calculator!