Cox internet packages
- Wide range of speed options
- Panoramic wi-fi to cover weak spots
- Hotspot access away from home
- No commitment required
- Available in limited number of states
- Slow upload speeds on some plans
Unfortunately, there's an overload of information on the official websites, which can sometimes be a bit much to consume.
COMPARE NOW: Cox Internet Plans & Prices
No worries, we have your back, as we've compiled the details on the available Cox internet plans.
Inside this review, you'll find information on their available internet plans, their TV & home phone bundles, customer service, and more.
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 1 Gigabit connection available
- 65,000+ wifi hotspots nationwide
- Panoramic wi-fi to cover the whole house
- 24/7 tech support
- Customer service - Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Cox Internet Plans & Prices
Cox Internet Plans
|Cox Internet Starter 10||10 Mbps||$29.99|
|Cox Internet Essential 30||30 Mbps||$39.99|
|Cox Internet Preferred 150||150 Mbps||$59.99|
|Cox Internet Ultimate||300 Mbps||$79.99|
|Cox Internet Gigablast||940 Mbps||$99.99|
Cox has multiple internet packages available where you have access to a wide variety of speeds.
Here's a closer look at some of the broadband internet packages from Cox:
- Essential: With the Internet Essential Plan, you receive downstream speeds up to 30 Mbps, making it great for video streaming, surfing the internet and more.
- Preferred: This cable internet plan comes with downstream speeds up to 100 Mbps. If your home has five to seven internet connections, this plan is perfect for you.
- Ultimate: The best plan in terms of speed, this cable internet gives you download speeds as fast as 300 Mbps, with upload speeds of up to 300 Mbps. This is far faster than the download and upload speeds you would find with plans offered by Time Warner Spectrum.
Cox Internet & TV Bundles
|Cox TV Starter + Internet Essential 30||30 Mbps||75||$64.99|
|Cox TV Starter + Internet Essential 150||150 Mbps||75||$64.99|
|Cox Bronze Duo||150 Mbps||140||$89.99|
|Cox Silver Duo||300 Mbps||140||$109.99|
|Cox Gold Duo||940 Mbps||250||$129.99|
Along with the internet, you receive 140-250 channels in your TV package (you can learn more about Cox's channel lineup here), and unlimited calling to 30 countries including the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Cox Triple Play Bundles
|Cox Starter Bundle & Voice Premier||30 Mbps||75||0||$64.99|
|Cox Bronze Bundle with Voice Premier||150 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$89.99|
|Cox Silver Bundle with Voice Premier||300 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$109.99|
|Cox Gold Bundle with Voice Premier||300 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$129.99|
|Cox Platinum Bundle and Voice Premier||940 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$159.99|
Cox offers a few triple play bundles:
- Silver Bundle - The Silver Bundle combines blazing-fast internet with cable television and home phone services. With this package, you receive internet download speeds of up to 300Mbps, 170+ channels and unlimited calling.
- Gold Bundle - The Gold Bundle is the ultimate offering from Cox. This package includes internet service with download speeds approaching 300 Mbps. Along with speedy internet service, you have access to more than 250 channels and unlimited home phone service.
COMPARE NOW: Cox Internet Plans & Prices
Cox Internet Speeds
Along with activities, the number of devices you have also factored into the speeds you need. Luckily, Cox has a wide range of internet speeds, varying from 10 Mbps to 1000 Mbps. Their diverse offering of internet speeds is perfect for most households.
Cox Internet Coverage
Cox Equipment & Fees
You have the option to add premium technical support and the type of installation you want. This four-step process gives you transparency in pricing, as you select the equipment, technical service, and installation you want.
With your equipment you also receive a few perks:
- Cox Email Address - Even if you may not use said email address) as well as Cox Security Suite Plus. You also have access to up to 10 email accounts with 2 GB storage through Cox's internet service.
- McAfee Software - You receive this software for up to five devices and it's compatible with your PC, iOS, Mac and Android devices.
- Cloud Drive - The Cloud Drive is sufficient, even if it isn't in our top recommended online backup services, giving you access to secure storage where you can place your pictures, movies, files and more. Along with secure storage, it's easy for you to share items with your loved ones.
- Portable WiFi - You can connect for free to the nation's largest network of over 500,000 WiFi hotspots, giving you free access to the internet when you travel so you don't have to go through your cellular data.
Overall, Cox offers transparent pricing, excellent security features and access to ample WiFi hotspots, making it an enticing option for you to consider.
Cox Customer Service
Cox Cable offers a few customer support numbers. You can call, chat online, find a store near you or access online resources to help you find answers. What's more, Cox offers specialized numbers for topics such as home networking and tech solutions both of which are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
After reviewing many customer opinions on Cox's internet service, the most common complaint has been unreliable internet speeds. Some residential customers remarked they have had the company replace several routers and still have experienced difficulty.
Read: Cox Customer Reviews
Customer reviews and company reputation are two great ways to determine whether or not you might enjoy a Cox high-speed internet plan.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index scored Cox at 63. This rating is below the industry benchmark for internet providers. In addition, Cox scores below competitors such as AT&T U-verse, CoxFios, and Time Warner Spectrum.
When looking for the best internet providers at your address, Cox is a decent option. Especially if you are looking for a wide variety of speeds and plans. In fact, it offers faster internet service than you will find with competitors.
Furthermore, when you sign up for service, you don't have to commit to a contract, you receive a 30-day money back guarantee and you don't have to pay for professional installation if you sign up with eligible packages.
How does Cox's cable service compare to the competition? You can find out by reading our review of the best internet providers for rankings, analysis, and comparison.