Spectrum cable packages & prices in 2022
Mobile TV app
Attractive bundling options
One-hour installation appointment window
Mediocre customer service ratings
Pricier than some competitors
Spectrum delivers sharp HD picture quality, access to a wide variety of entertainment choices through its on-demand option, and the ability to watch TV anywhere with its mobile application, but it's still potentially competing with various other providers in your area.
I'm sure you'll be wondering what Spectrum packages are available if bundling will save you money and what their channel lineup looks like. Well, we cover all of that in our review.
Hopefully, by the end of this review, you'll be able to decide whether or not Spectrum TV is right for you.
Spectrum cable TV packages
Spectrum, it is big on bundling. Just take a look at their TV packages and you'll see they have a lot to offer.
Their pricing and service vary a lot on location so be sure to check out the Spectrum coverage map to see if they cover your location.
It's also worth noting that if you're not a big TV watcher, you'll most certainly be overpaying. Instead, try looking into streaming services such as Netflix or Hulu.
Spectrum TV plans
Spectrum cable & internet packages
|Spectrum TV Select + Internet Ultra||400 Mbps||125||$79.98|
|Spectrum TV Silver + Internet Ultra||400 Mbps||175||$89.98|
|Spectrum TV Gold + Internet Ultra||400 Mbps||200||$109.98|
Ready to bundle your service and save some major moo-la? You're not alone. Spectrum offers a wide variety of TV bundles including internet and TV bundles, home phone and TV bundles, and their triple play home phone, internet, and TV bundles.
Spectrum cable deals
|Spectrum TV Select + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||125||Unlimited||$94.97|
|Spectrum TV Silver + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||175||Unlimited||$102.97|
|Spectrum Voice + Internet + TV Select||200 Mbps||125||Unlimited||$114.97|
|Spectrum TV Gold + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||200||Unlimited||$122.97|
Spectrum TV channels
When you sign up for cable TV service, you'll receive a channel lineup at the time of installation. However, if you lose it for any reason, or are curious about what all they entail we've got you covered.
Here's a list of every channel each Spectrum package includes so you can make sure your favorite channels are in the package of your choice.
What more could they possibly have to offer? Lots. Here's a peek at some of their more popular add-on packages:
Spectrum kids channels
Spectrum might be one of the most kid-friendly providers with all kinds of programming and parental controls. They even include add-ons such as:
- Kid Zone - available via Spectrum App
- Channels include Animal Planet HD, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Hub Network, Nick, NickJr., Nicktoons, Sprout, and TeenNick.
Spectrum sports channels
Spectrum may not offer as many sports packages as DIRECTV or Dish but they've still got you covered with:
- NHL Center Ice
- NBA League Pass
- NFL Network and NFL Redzone
- MLB Extra Innings
Spectrum cable availability
|States Covered||46 states|
|Connection Type||Cable & fiber|
|Internet Speeds||100-1000Mbps (varies by area)|
|On Demand Library||20,000+|
Spectrum DVR & TV equipment
As noted above, when you sign up for service through Charter Spectrum, you receive its HD service for free. Along with this, you can sign up for:
- DVR service - This is where you have the option to pause live programming and record your favorite shows.
- Spectrum On-Demand - Charter Spectrum gives you access to a wide variety of entertainment options with its on-demand programming. With this, you have access to over 10,000 choices, including movies, TV shows, and children's programming.
- High-speed internet: Spectrum internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- No data cap: All Spectrum internet deals come with unlimited data meaning no data caps.
- Download speeds: Although speeds can vary with internet service providers, Spectrum internet plans on average start from 200 Mbps ranging up to 1,000 Mbps. You can check your area with our Spectrum internet speed test, to see if you can get Spectrum fiber internet at your home.
- Monthly costs: Depending on what you're looking for, there are packages and bundles that can save money, but make sure to read the fine print so you truly get what suits your needs.
- Parental controls: Spectrum offers a free security suite to help you keep your kids safe on the internet. You can set time limits, block sites, track online activity, and more.
- Coverage: As the second-largest internet provider, Spectrum offers wide coverage, including areas that used to be covered by Time Warner Cable.
- No contracts: There's plenty of flexibility with Spectrum prepaid internet plans, with no long-term commitments or lock-ins.
- Bundle your services: You can save money with Spectrum bundle deals. Whether you're looking at bundling TV, Internet, and phone or just two services, there are plenty of products and services to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from Spectrum TV Select, Spectrum TV Silver, and Spectrum TV Gold, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Depending on the option you choose, Spectrum TV packages start from around 125+ channels. The Spectrum channel lineup varies with the packages but can include HBO Max, Showtime, STARZ, and other premium channels. A range of sports channels are also available at an additional cost.
- Multiroom viewing: There's no need for additional cable boxes with Spectrum. You can watch TV in other rooms without the extra boxes.
- Calling features: Spectrum Voice offers services including caller ID, call blocking, call guard, readable voicemail, and many more.
- Unlimited calling: With Spectrum landline service you'll get free unlimited calls to most of North America (US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico).
- International calls: For a small fee you can add international unlimited calling to your home phone service that includes countries like Hong Kong and the UK.
- Customer service: Find out more on customer satisfaction and what Spectrum customers are saying with Spectrum reviews.
- Increased competition: You can find out more about Spectrum services and their main competitors with AT&T vs Spectrum, Verizon FiOS vs Spectrum, or satellite TV provider DIRECTV vs Spectrum.
Spectrum cable customer service
Cable companies are notorious for not having the best customer service, whether it's general support or technical support. In this regard, Charter Spectrum lives up to this reputation.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index scored Charter Communications at 60. This places it in the bottom tier of cable TV subscription service providers with other companies like Time Warner Spectrum and Mediacom.
Want to see what real Spectrum customers have to say? Check out our Spectrum customer reviews.
Comparing Spectrum TV packages
Before diving into the rabbit hole of cable TV providers make sure you know what you want in a package.
- Does Spectrum TV cover the area you live in?
- Are there any specific channels you can't live without?
- Do you want to bundle your services or do you just want TV?
Spectrum TV packages FAQs
What is the best Spectrum package?
The best Spectrum TV package will depend on your needs and the area you live in. So be sure to check the deals in your region.
How much does Spectrum TV cost?
Spectrum TV packages start from $20 and can range up to $80. You can choose stand alone TV or double or triple up with internet and phone.
Charter delivers an uneven performance. On one hand, it has many enticing benefits. You'll enjoy a crystal clear picture, access to extensive on-demand programming, and the ability to watch TV live with its mobile application.
Furthermore, the fact it doesn't charge for HD service nor does it require a contract are huge benefits in its favor.