Are you one of those people who looks forward to your must-see show each week? Then I'm sure you'll agree that one of the most important aspects of choosing a cable television provider is making sure you get the channels you want.
Comcast, the largest cable television company in the U.S., offers a hefty range of plans from basic to sports to Latino packages. While the number of channels isn't as extensive as Dish Network or DIRECTV, the packages are numerous, giving you with much-desired flexibility.
Check out our review of the Comcast XFINITY packages for more information. As I mentioned above, while the Comcast XFINITY's packages aren't as numerous or flexible compared to Dish Network or DIRECTV, this cable TV service is still home to a wide variety of packages, all with enticing incentives.
For one, with XFINITY's X1 HD receiver, you can stream Netflix - provided that you have a membership with the service - to your TV with ease.
- Includes the XFINITY TV app
- Features over 45 channels
- Access to popular Comcast cable channels such as CNN, Food Network, and E!
- Cheaper than the Limited Basic- but that is because the Digital Economy price is a limited time offer which is only good for the first 12 months.
- Includes the top 100 shows preloaded and ready to watch
- Provides HD service for most shows
- Features over 140 channels
- Access to FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo
- Just $20 more per month (for the first 12 months)
- Compared to the Digital Economy package, you'll receive close to 100 more channels.
- Includes the top 100 shows preloaded and ready to watch
- Comes with roughly 80 more channels than the Digital Starter- giving you over 220 channels to watch.
- This package is perfect for the general sports nut as it includes the NFL Network, NBA, and the MLB Network.
- Includes more than 260 channels
- The top 100 shows are preloaded and ready to watch
- Includes 24/7 sports coverage provided.
- Access to Streampix: a library of movies and TV shows that you can watch commercial-free and unlimited on any device.
Comcast XFINITY TV offers several premium movie channels, beginning at $10 per month. Here are the movie channels available:
- HBO - With HBO, you'll also receive access to HBO On Demand, which lets you watch original shows and movies at any time you desire.
- Showtime - Not only will you be able to view award-winning original series, but also watch them at any time thanks to Showtime On Demand.
- Cinemax - Blockbuster films are at your fingertips with Cinemax and Cinemax HD On Demand.
- Starz - Looking for some of Hollywood's biggest films and original series? Well, Starz has you covered, especially with Starz On Demand.
- The Movie Channel - This channel says it all with its name. From indie films to blockbusters, you'll be satiated with The Movie Channel, especially with it's On Demand Service.
Looking for a package to satiate your sports cravings? Comcast XFINITY has got you covered.
These packages are enhanced by the X1 cable box, which allows you to track and switch between multiple games. You can also take advantage of the X1 Voice Remote and issue commands catered to your viewing tastes.
There are several sports packages to choose from with XFINITY TV service:
- NHL Center Ice - With NHL Center Ice, you can watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, either from home or on the go.
- NBA League Pass - NBA League Pass will allow you to follow your favorite teams, no matter where you are. You'll be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games each week.
- Pay-Per-View - You'll have access to some of the most highly anticipated events, such as WWE Royal Rumble, live.
- The following channels are also available with XFINITY: NFL Network, MLB Network, ESPN Buzzer Beater, NBA TV, ESPN Goal Line, MLS Direct Kick, NASCAR, NHL Network, and the Golf Channel.
There are plenty of music channels that your ears will be begging for.
Here you'll find the full list, but some examples of music channels that you'll have access to on Comcast cable are FM, Music Choice 90's, Music Choice Adult Alternative, Music Choice Blues, Music Choice Classic Rock, Music Choice Classical Masterpieces, Music Choice Dance/EDM, Music Choice Metal, Music Choice Pop Latino, and more.
Comcast Basic Channels
There is one package that stands out like a sore thumb, and that is the Limited Basic package. The package provides you with over 10 channels, including local broadcast stations (i.e. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, and more), local government channels, and educational channels.
Additionally, if you subscribe to Limited Basic only with an HD receiver rather than a standard set-top box, you'll be able to watch all the channels in HD without the additional HD service fee.
Looking for a range of channels with a Latino flair? XFINITY offers several Latino packages, all at an affordable price. Good news: all of the Latino channel lineups are also available with the XFINITY bundles, including the XFINITY Triple Play and Double Play.
- XFINITY TV 150 Latino Channels: The XFINITY TV 150 Latino package includes over 60 Spanish language channels, such as Telemundo, as well as over 10 English channels including ABC, NBC, and Fox. In total, you'll receive over 130 channels.
- XFINITY TV 200 Latino Channels: This package includes over 60 Spanish-Language Channels, such as Telemundo), as well as over 90 English channels including CNN, Disney, USA, AMC, History, A&E, CNN, and USA.
- XFINITY TV 300 Latino Channels: XFINITY TV 300 Latino is the package for the TV enthusiast. This plan includes over 60 Spanish Language Channels, featuring Telemundo, as well as over 130 English channels including ABC Family, HGTV, and FX.
- XFINITY TV 450 Latino Channels: If you're a major television buff, then you may want to opt for the XFINITY TV 450 Latino Channels. You'll receive over 200 channels in total, with 60 of them in Spanish and 140 in English. You'll also be able to view English channels such as ESPN, ESPN2, NBC Sports, TBS, TNT, and more.
Pro Tip: The XFINITY TV app allows you to watch live TV on your entire Comcast XFINITY channel lineup via a mobile device - while you're on your home Wi-Fi network, that is. When you're away from home you can still access a large portion of your channels, plus on-demand content, via TV Everywhere.
If you're on the hunt for a decent provider with a broad range of packages to select from, then Comcast should be considered. Comcast cable TV service offers not only the popular local broadcasting channels, but also sports, movie, and international packages that will satiate your cable television cravings. That said, one downside is that the X1 receiver upgrade can only stream Netflix - not other services such as Hulu and Amazon Prime instant video (as of yet, anyway).
You can also bundle Comcast XFINITY cable with high-speed internet or XFINITY Voice home phone services to help you save. If you're looking for a wide selection of TV packages, a state-of-the-art set-top box, plus perks like DVR service, you can't go wrong with Comcast XFINITY TV.
If you're looking to compare more television providers, please be sure to check out our buyer's guide to cable TV providers.