Are you one of the millions of people who take multivitamins regularly? Vitamins and supplements have been hailed by some researchers as an excellent addition to a balanced diet and exercise routine. Now there is no need to leave home in order to purchase them though thanks to vitamin stores who offer nutritional products online.
These online vitamin stores are a great source to turn to if you're looking to refill your supply or try something new. Likewise, they offer a huge selection of brands at affordable prices, plus extra resources like health guides and advice.
Take a look at which five vitamin stores ranked highest for qualities that include variety, pricing, and customer satisfaction.
The Best Places to Buy Vitamins Online: Our Top Picks
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- BBB accredited business
- Save 10% by signing up
- Over 600 stores
- 20,000+ supplements
- Some complaints regarding delayed shipping
- 30-day return policy
The Vitamin Shoppe's central focus is to help make the world a healthier place by providing customers with quality products to achieve overall wellbeing. Since their first store opening in 1977, the Vitamin Shoppe has continued expanding operations for a total of 600+ storefronts and an online presence that is unparalleled.
Currently, the site sells over 20,000 supplements; this means you'll be hard pressed to find an item they don't carry. When you log onto the site you can either search for your product by brand, health concern, or keyword.
With The Vitamin Shoppe's 100% satisfaction guarantee you're entitled to returns up to 30 days from your date of purchase; but you will have to cover the cost of shipping it. Thirty days may be somewhat short for some shoppers, which is why it's noted as a con.
Overall, we can't find too much wrong with this company apart from a few reviews claiming their order took longer to arrive than originally anticipated and well as the short return policy.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Free shipping on all orders
- Shop by brand, category or keyword
- Deal of the day
- Exclusive offers and promotions by email
- Refrigerated orders not refundable
- No live chat
- 15-day return policy
Offering some of the most competitive prices on vitamins as well as supplements, IdealVitamins goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. With that pledge, comes perks like free shipping on all orders, exclusive offers and promotions sent directly to your email as well as a pleasant site design.
To make your search a stress-free process, you can either type in the product by brand, keyword, or category.
Before you place an order on the site you should sign up to become a member because you'll receive additional promotions and discounts. What's more, they update the 'deal of the day' on a regular basis.
The most significant drawback with this provider has to do with their return policy. After receiving your order you only have 15-days to return it and if it happens to be a refrigerated product, you can't send it back for a refund.
- Easy to navigate site
- Range of products sold
- Over 400 stores nationwide
- 90 day return policy
- 24/7 customer service by phone
- Minimum $75 order for free shipping
- No live chat
- Few learning resources
Founded in 1960 by Arthur Rudolph, Vitamin World sells not only a host of vitamins and nutritional supplements but also health and beauty care for men and women.
Searching for an item could not be any simpler between the site's intuitive layout and their helpful filter tools.
In addition to the site, there are over 400 stores nationwide if you ever wanted to stop in and check out their merchandise. Frequent promotions run along the site's banner. Some of the current promotions are buy one get one free, buy one get one 50% off, and 20% off selected organic products. You'll receive these alerts and more by simply signing up through their email platform.
They also don't have a live chat feature for instant online support. However, you can reach a customer service representative 24/7 by telephone.
Key Considerations of Online Vitamin Stores
Before ordering from a reputable vitamin store, be sure it meets the following criteria:
- Brand Variety and Quality- Individuals who take vitamins typically purchase a wide variety of them to meet the full daily recommended values. Some of the best-selling vitamins include vitamin A, C, D, E, calcium, zinc, and magnesium. Try to shop with a site that carries a range of products and leading brands like Puritan's Pride, Nature's Way, Swanson, and Nature's Bounty.
- Health Information- Does the site post useful health information in the form of blog articles or links to relevant external sources? Health buffs may want a site that posts exercise tips, nutrition plans, etc.
- Rewards Program- Reward perks and email updates are a great way for merchants to stay in touch with their customer base. Select a vitamin retailer that rewards you for shopping with them by granting you points or discounts that can be applied to purchases.
- Satisfaction Guarantee- Always check the site's satisfaction guarantee. This ensures that you get your money refunded if you're not pleased with your order.
These vitamin websites stand out among the rest for the assortment of vitamin and supplement brands as well as other incentives like discounts, free shipping, and satisfaction guarantees.