GreatCall is an MVNO unlike any other as it's targeted towards seniors. GreatCall itself is considered a connected health technology company. They offer health and safety products and services for older individuals. Those products include cell phones, cellular service, apps, and even a wearable device.
Compare Now: GreatCall Cell Phone Plans
Maybe you've heard of their well-known product, the Jitterbug cell phone. This company went on to create many digital health safety products such as "Live Nurse" that provides customers with 24/7 access to registered nurses.
As you can tell, this phone company is perfect for the senior citizen in your life.
Curious to find out more about this MVNO? Read on for our full GreatCall review.
Table of Contents
- Coverage on the Verizon network
- Prepaid service plans with no contract; may require activation fee
- 30-day guarantee - if unsatisfied, you'll get back your plan charge (less any usage), activation fee, and the cost of your phone minus a restocking fee (if returned in like-new condition)
- Keep your phone number
- Tethering permitted
- Calls to Canada use your plan minutes, other destinations use plan minutes plus an additional per-minute charge
- International roaming services are charged at international rates
- Customer service available by phone Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm EST
GreatCall Cell Phone Plans
It's important to note that GreatCall isn't known for high tech devices so if you're a heavy data user this is not the MVNO for you. If you're looking for a basic smartphone with health benefits for half the price of your Verizon plan though GreatCall has you covered.
You can even customize your GreatCall no-contract plan. That's right you pick the amount of texts, minutes, and data that you need each month for an even lower bill.
By making the switch you're paying less than half of what you would with Verizon! Now that's some major savings.
GreatCall Pricing: Is it Competitive?
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$75||$900|
|Greatcall||Verizon 4G LTE||2.5GB||$30||$360|
|* Avg Verizon user on unlimited plan uses 4GB data|
GreatCall is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), providing 4G nationwide coverage via Verizon Wireless' network. So when it comes to coverage, expect only the best coverage. Furthermore, you can experience high speeds with your Jitterbug Smart phone.
And high speed makes it perfect for browsing emails and other content on your phone. You can compare Verizon's network coverage with the coverage of the other big three carriers with our article, "Who Has the Best Cell Phone Coverage?"
GreatCall isn't exactly known for it's wide selection of phones. In fact, they only have 2 available: the Jitterbug Flip phone and the Jitterbug Smart2 (basic smartphone).
GreatCall offers other life saving devices such as their Lively Mobile and Lively Wearable. These are just fun names for these seriously life-saving devices:
- Lively Mobile – A medical alert device that can clip to your pocket or be worn around your neck. In a state of emergency push the button and their 5-star agents will respond with emergency procedures.
- Lively Wearable – An urgent response device that comes in the form of a watch. This device turns your smartphone int an urgent response device. Just push the button and your smartphone will be connected to a 5-star agent who will send help and notify your family members.
Each GreatCall device has a different set of apps and services available.
- Both phone options - 5-star urgent response, urgent care, GreatCall link, personal operator, wellness call, daily health tips, check-in call, brain games, product replacement, and my world.
- Lively Mobile – 5-star urgent response, urgent care, GreatCall link, fall detection, and product replacement.
- Lively Wearable – 5-star urgent response, GreatCall link, fall detection, and a fitness tracker.
Key Considerations When Choosing GreatCall
You probably have more than a few questions about this MVNO, and that's OK.
Here are some key questions you should go over before switching to GreatCall:
- Does GreatCall service cover your area?
- Are you looking for a phone service with multiple health benefits for you or a loved one?
- How much data do you need each month?
- Are you OK with one of the two phone options they offer?
GreatCall plans give you coverage from the Verizon 4G LTE network but at a much, much cheaper price and with many more benefits! Remember to compare their deals with other cheap cell phone plans before making a decision.
Find out what real customers are saying with our GreatCall user reviews.
If you choose to purchase one of GreatCall's device, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash in your pocket!
Compare Now: GreatCall Cell Phone Plans