Pure Talk USA is an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that was founded in 2014 by a USA veteran. Which makes sense given they've always proudly supported our active-duty military and veterans and often partner with military organizations.
Pure Talk USA operates on the AT&T 4G LTE network meaning you'll get the same great service as AT&T customers, just with half the cost.
COMPARE NOW: Pure Talk Cell Phone Plans
Ready to hear what this MVNO has in store for you? Check out our full guide to see what Pure Talk has in store for you.
Pure Talk Review
PureTalk USA Highlights
- Service provided on the AT&T network
- Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- 30-day risk-free guarantee - cancel within your first 30 days or 500 minutes/500 MB of data to receive a refund for your plan charges
- Bring your own compatible GSM phone or buy a PureTalk USA phone
- Keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot/tethering permitted
- International calling available as an add-on calling card
- Customer support available by phone 9am - 10pm EST weekdays and 12pm - 9pm weekends
Pure Talk Prepaid Plans
|PureTalk USA - 1GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||1GB||$20|
|PureTalk USA - 3GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||3GB||$25|
|PureTalk USA - 5GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||5GB||$30|
|PureTalk USA - 8GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||8GB||$35|
|PureTalk USA - 15GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||15GB||$45|
|PureTalk USA - Unlimited Data||Unltd/Unltd||Unltd||$55|
Now let's see how Pure Talk USA compares with AT&T's unlimited plan.
The average AT&T user on an unlimited plan uses less than 4GB of data/month. Let's compare AT&T's data plan to what you would be paying for a Pure Talk USA 5GB plan (since they don't have a 4GB plan).
You would cut your price IN HALF by switching. That's some major savings you could enjoy, all while staying on the same network!
It's important that we emphasize the fact that you will NOT be sacrificing coverage by switching. In fact, you'll still enjoy the same coverage AT&T users have, you just won't be able to walk into an AT&T store if you have an issue. So if you're comfortable handling everything online, it's time to make the leap.
Pure Talk Savings
AT&T vs PureTalk USA Price Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $562 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|PureTalk USA||AT&T 4G LTE||5GB||$30/mo||$338/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$45/mo||$562/yr|
Pure Talk Coverage
Since Pure Talk USA is an AT&T MVNO, it relies on AT&T coverage. In other words, you'll receive cell phone coverage from a GSM network that is only second to Verizon's coverage. To ensure that you'll receive coverage in your area, please check out Pure Talk's coverage map.
To learn more about AT&T's coverage, you can refer to our article, "Who Has the Best Cell Phone Coverage?"
Pure Talk Cell Phone Plans
Pure Talk Phone Deals
When it comes to phones your options are limited through Pure Talk USA. But there's always a way around that.
- Bring your own phone – Pure Talk USA operates on a GSM network, so they're already compatible with both AT&T or T-Mobile phones. You may have to change the APN settings (a simple task) and be sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – This carrier offers a limited number of devices online through their store. Unfortunately, they only have older Android phones. However, it's worth noting that you have to pay the full price of the phone upfront and you can't make monthly payments on the device.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for refurbished phones compatible with Pure Talk. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Android and Apple devices from reputable sellers.
Once you have your device be sure to order your Pure Talk SIM card online.
If you're new to the MVNO scene, here are a few questions you'll want to answer before getting started:
- Are you an active-duty military member or veteran? (It's not required but you will get discounts.)
- Do you really need unlimited data?
- Are you going to bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
You can save even more money with your plan by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of a brand new device.
If you choose to buy refurbished, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra change!
Don't just take our word for it - find out what real customers are saying with our Pure Talk USA user reviews.
COMPARE NOW: Pure Talk Cell Phone Plans