Simple Mobile phone service in 2021
- Unlimited talk and text on all plans
- Extra mobile hotspot data with unlimited plan
- Available in retail stores
- Multi-line discount
- App can be glitchy
- Not the cheapest MVNO out there
So what makes this low-cost carrier so unique? With stats like that, it makes you wonder what makes people want to switch to Simple Mobile. Could it be there plans, prices, or devices?
Find out what's so great about Simple Mobile in the rest of our review.
Simple Mobile Prepaid Plans
Simple Mobile plans are just that, simple and to-the-point. Each prepaid phone plan comes with unlimited text, talk, and international services and you can choose between 1GB, 2GB, 6GB, and unlimited data.
The average T-Mobile customer with an unlimited data plan uses less than 6GB/month in data. If you switch to Simple Mobile on their 6GB plan you could be saving hundreds of dollars each year.
It's important to note that if you switch to Simple Mobile you won't be sacrificing coverage. Since Simple Mobile runs on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network, you'll be getting the same coverage any T-Mobile customer gets. You just won't be able to walk into a T-Mobile store if you have issues.
Simple Mobile Savings
T-Mobile vs Simple Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $240 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Simple Mobile||T-Mobile 4G LTE||Unltd||$50/mo||$600/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$20/mo||$240/yr|
Simple Mobile Coverage
So just what is Simple Mobile's coverage area? According to Simple Mobile's coverage map, it thrives on T-Mobile's LTE network, so you'll be able to take advantage of T-Mobile's coverage area.
As a side note, while the coverage is strong in urban areas, the Simple Mobile coverage may not be as reliable in rural areas, so please, keep this note in mind if you live in a rural area.
Check out our guide on the best cell phone coverage.
Simple Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Simple Mobile Phone Deals
Simple Mobile gives you three phone options when you switch:
- Bring your own phone - Since this provider operates on a GSM network, you'll have the most luck with compatibility if you've got a T-Mobile or AT&T phone. You may have to change the APN settings (don't worry, it's easy) and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone - Simple Mobile offers a wide selection of phones through their site. Keep in mind that if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for refurbished phone compatible with Simple Mobile. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple and Android devices from reputable sellers.
Once you have your device you can order your Simple Mobile SIM card online.
Even though MVNOs have been around for a long time, they still aren't well known. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself if you're considering an MVNO such as Simple Mobile:
- Do you need an unlimited data plan?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or purchase a new one?
- Does Simple Mobile have good coverage in your area?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
A Simple Mobile plan gives your T-Mobile 4G LTE network for almost half the price. Just think of what you could do with those savings!
You can save even more by purchasing a refurbished smartphone instead of paying out of pocket for a new phone.
If you choose to buy refurbished also consider selling your old device for cash online.