Unreal Mobile Plans
- Excellent pricing for low to medium data users
- Unlimited talk and text
- Rollover data
- Loyalty bonuses
- No unlimited data plan
- No international service except via Wi-Fi
- Cart automatically adds upgrades - must uncheck manually
- Website doesn't show plans unless you enter email
- Must use VoIP for calling on AT&T network
Whereas FreedomPop is geared more toward people who want to use Wi-Fi to keep their mobile bills at rock bottom, Unreal is designed for customers who need more high-speed data on the go.
Unreal is one of the dozens of MVNOs or Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These smaller carriers rent space on the four major wireless networks. By not owning the equipment they can then sell the same great mobile service to you at a lower price.
As with most wireless carriers, there are pros and cons to this MVNO. Read on to see our full review and get all the details.
Unreal Mobile Highlights
- Coverage on the AT&T and Sprint networks
- Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- 14-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Bring your own compatible device or buy an Unreal Mobile phone
- Keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot/tethering unsupported
- Global calling service available as an add-on
- Virtual international phone number available for 25 countries
- Customer service via phone from 7am - 5pm PST Monday through Friday
Unreal Mobile Prepaid Plans
|3GB Plan||Unltd/Unltd||3GB||$15** $45 for 3 months|
|8GB Plan||Unltd/Unltd||8GB||$20** $60 for 3 months|
|12GB Plan||Unltd/Unltd||12GB||$25** $75 for 3 months|
Obviously, this carrier is hoping you find their cell phone plan prices "unreal". With plans starting at $10 the rates on the Unreal Mobile network do measure up to the name, for the most part.
As the data package size goes up the prices struggle a bit to compete with other MVNOs like Mint Mobile and Tello. When it comes to the big guys though, there's no comparison. Both Sprint and AT&T customers will be very happy with the lower prices.
Unreal Mobile Savings
AT&T vs Unreal Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T 4G LTE||12GB||$25/mo||$300/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Unreal Mobile Coverage
As I mentioned earlier there are two network options with this MVNO: Sprint and AT&T. In order to figure out which one you're going to be running on you'll follow a few steps when you sign up:
- Decide whether you'll be shopping for a new device or bringing your own phone.
- Follow the appropriate link on the carrier's website.
- Enter your IMEI number (if bringing your smartphone with you) to see if it's compatible.
- Order either a CDMA (Sprint) or GSM (AT&T) SIM card, depending upon your device.
One important related point is that you cannot use just any CDMA network device. If you're going with their CDMA coverage you must have a Sprint-compatible phone.
Now let's check out the coverage for both networks.
The Sprint network has struggled to keep up with the other three major wireless networks in terms of coverage and quality. Despite this, the carrier has strong metropolitan city coverage and users get a 4G LTE signal 85.7% of the time (OpenSignal). The company also claims to be improving both its existing signal as well as adding more infrastructure.
Unreal Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Unreal Mobile Phone Deals
The cheapest phone option is to bring your own phone. If your phone is still going strong and is compatible with Unreal Mobile, there's no reason to put out more money just to switch devices. You'll just need to unlock your phone and make sure to program it to Unreal Mobile APN settings.
If you're in the market for a brand-new phone, you can buy from the carrier. Unreal Mobile phones range from low-end, ultra-affordable smartphones all the way up to late model flagship devices like the iPhone 8. The carrier doesn't offer phone payment plans so you'll have to pay in full upfront if you buy through them.
If your phone is on its last legs, buying a refurbished phone is the smartest option. You'll save over 50% off the retail price of popular high-end smartphones. Compare features and prices quickly and easily with our cell phone comparison engine.
The beauty of the wide range of smaller carriers available today is that each one fits a slightly different set of needs. Here are some questions to help you determine if this FreedomPop offshoot is right for you:
- Can you survive on 5 GB or less of high-speed data per month?
- Do you have a smartphone or are you going to buy one from the carrier?
- Do you travel internationally on a regular basis? (International service is provided by a third party and the rates may not be the lowest available.)
- Does the Sprint and/or AT&T network offer adequate coverage in your area?
Unreal Mobile gives you service on one of the two reliable major wireless networks at half the price or less. By offering three phone plans - 1 GB, 2 GB, or 5 GB of 4G LTE data - and just a handful of phones, this carrier keeps it simple.
If you decide to go with this carrier but can't find the device you want among Unreal Mobile phones, no worries. There's a wide selection of refurbished CDMA and GSM phones to choose from in our cell phone price comparison tool.