Would you like to cut your cell phone bill in half - right now? You're probably worried that you'd have to give up your reliable Sprint network coverage to do so.
If you're sick of outrageous wireless bills but don't want to compromise on the quality of your service, stay tuned. MoneySavingPro is here to help.
We're going to show you how to save 50% on your cell phone plan without giving up your Sprint service. We'll also show you how to get the best deal on your next smartphone. All savings - no sacrifice!Switch & Save $600/yr - Calculate Your Savings
You're no doubt aware that wireless costs are out of control. The average cell phone bill in the US sits at around $80, while smartphone users in the UK pay an average of just $30!
Why do British customers pay so much less? It comes down to a highly competitive mobile service market. While cheaper carriers, called MVNOs, are just surfacing in the mainstream here in the states, these competing providers have been a fixture in the UK for a decade.
Now, though, it's easy for you to benefit from these cheaper cell phone carriers.
What Is an MVNO?
MVNOs - or Mobile Virtual Network Operators - are smaller wireless carriers that rent space on the big four networks, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. They then sell this service to their customers at a lower cost.
You may think you'll have to compromise something by going with a cheaper provider. The fact is that you get coverage on the same network you know and love, but because MVNOs have lower overhead and a smaller marketing budget, you get a better price.
Benefits of Switching to a Sprint MVNO
Cost is only one reason to change providers:
- Coverage on the reliable nationwide Sprint network
- Customized plans so you only pay for what you need
- No contracts, credit checks, or hidden fees
- Solid customer service
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Easy to switch by ordering a new SIM card online
Sprint Price Comparison
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|Sprint||Sprint 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$60||$720|
|Tello||Sprint 4G LTE||4GB||$29||$348|
|* Avg Sprint unlimited plan customer uses 4GB data|
Custom Data Plan
Now that you know you can get a cheaper price on your cell phone plan, the next step is figuring out exactly what you need in terms of data.
Most people just assume they need an unlimited data plan because that's what the big guys tells us we need. On the contrary, most people don't need even close to unlimited data.
Communications analyst firm Strategy Analytics looked at how much data Sprint unlimited plan customers really use. They found that these smartphone users only go through about 5 GB of high-speed data per billing cycle.
You wouldn't pay for a dozen eggs and immediately throw six of them away, would you? So why would you pay for more data than you'll actually use?
Unbundle to Save
It goes against conventional wisdom, we know. You bundle your internet and cable, your home and auto insurance, etc., to get the best deal.
In terms of your cell phone plan and smartphone, however, it's much cheaper to unbundle. Why?
- Buying your phone with your plan means you're committed to the carrier until it's paid off, just like a contract.
- It doesn't pay to buy a new model every one to two years - smartphones only see minor changes from model to model.
- The big guys offer a limited plan selection. This almost always results in paying for more than you actually need.
Save half off everything by following these steps:
- Bring your own phone or buy used. Keep your Sprint-compatible device if it's still working just fine. Or you can buy a refurbished Sprint cell phone for half the retail cost.
- Switch to a cheaper carrier. Buy a plan that fits your needs and budget by switching to a Sprint MVNO.
- Sell your old phone for cash. Sell your phone online to get more than you will in trade-in value.
Check with your new carrier to make sure your device is compatible. You can bring any compatible phone as long as you don't owe any payments to your old carrier.
Get rid of your high Sprint bills without compromising your coverage or call quality.
Use our cell phone plan savings calculator to find out how much you can save by switching to a cheaper carrier.
See the lowest prices on refurbished Sprint cell phones to get the best deal available from top sellers.
Finally, compare cell phone plans to find the right one for you!