Are you looking for an unlimited data plan for your iPad? At MoneySavingPro we're here to help you find the best and cheapest deal.
That's why we love Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs for short). If you've not heard of these low-cost carriers, you're not alone, but they're fast becoming the most popular way to get a good value deal on your cell phone plan.
Unlimited data doesn't have to come with an expensive price tag and we've compared some of the best deals with pros and cons to help you find the best data plan.
This Tello data only plan includes unlimited data for only $29 per month. Tello internet plans offer wireless coverage on the T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE network. To learn more about why this is one of the best cell phone plans, check out MoneySavingPro's Tello review
No contract. No bulk buying.
24/7 friendly customer support
4G LTE/5G nationwide coverage
Free Hotspot & Wi-Fi Calling
Free international calls to 60+ countries
Coverage in rural areas
Service on the nationwide T-Mobile network
Money-back guarantee on phones (no refunds on plans)
Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
Bring your own phone or choose from a modest selection of new or refurbished devices
Keep your current phone number
Use of your plan data as a mobile hotspot through your phone is allowed
Use your minutes to call Canada, China, and Mexico
Minutes to other countries available as add-on
24/7 customer service
This Ultra Mobile data only plan includes unlimited data for only $39 per month. Ultra Mobile internet plans offer wireless coverage on the T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE network. To learn more about why this is one of the best cell phone plans, check out MoneySavingPro's Ultra Mobile review
Simple account dashboard
Unlimited international talk and text
Coverage provided on the nationwide T-Mobile network
Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
Bring your own compatible GSM phone or buy one from Ultra Mobile
Mobile hotspot use supported
Unlimited global texting and unlimited calling to 80+ countries
International roaming credits available in $5, $10, or $20 denominations
International plan tier comes with uTalk - a feature that gives you up to 1250 bonus minutes to your choice of 39 additional destinations
Customer service available by phone, email, and chat from 6am to 6pm every day
Cheapest unlimited data iPad plans
Unlimited iPad plan benefits
- Lower prices: Save money on your mobile hotspot data with a plan from low-cost carriers like US Mobile.
- No long-term commitment: There's no contract, so you're not locked to one carrier and can change plans whenever it suits your needs.
- Bring your own hotspot device: If you love your current Wi-Fi hotspot there's no need to upgrade, you can bring your own device for easy activation.
- Same coverage: Powered by the same major US networks you can expect the coverage you know and love.
Unlimited iPad plan features
- 4G LTE data: Get 4G LTE data speeds so you can stream video, listen to music or browse the internet even when traveling.
- 5G data: Operating on the same US networks means you get access to their 5G coverage, where it's available.
- Unlimited data: How much data do you need? Get unlimited high-speed data plans for your mobile hotspot at an affordable price.
- Buy online: Low-cost carriers are online-based, making it easy to pick your data only plan without having to leave the house, and get it sent straight to your door.
Best unlimited iPad plan on T-Mobile
Compare: T-Mobile iPad data plans
Best unlimited iPad plan on Verizon
Compare: Verizon iPad data plans
Best unlimited iPad plan on AT&T
Compare: AT&T iPad data plans
Cheapest iPad data plans
|Tello 2GB data only plan||2GB||T-Mobile||$10|
|Mint Mobile 4GB data only plan||4GB||T-Mobile||$15** 3 Months FREE: $45 for 6 mths service|
|Mint Mobile 10GB data only plan||10GB||T-Mobile||$20** 3 Months FREE: $60 for 6 mths service|
|Tello unlimited data only plan||Unltd||T-Mobile||$29|
|Boost Mobile 5GB data only plan||5GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||$5** 66% Off for 3 Months|
Carrier network coverage
Carrier customer service
|CARRIER||TRUSTPILOT USER RATING|
|Red Pocket Mobile||4.5|
Comparing unlimited iPad data plans
The best way to be happy with your data plan, in the long run, is to make sure all your bases are covered.
- Network coverage: All three major networks have extensive nationwide 4G LTE coverage. Still, you'll want to check out coverage maps to be sure the carrier you choose has the strongest service. There are some variations in 5G network coverage too, so you'll want to consider if that's a major factor for you.
- Data speeds: You'll enjoy 4G LTE data speeds most of the time, regardless of network. Many smaller carrier plans include 5G at no extra cost, where available of course. In order to get 5G hotspot speeds, you will need a 5G compatible device.
- Data allowance: There's a plan to fit virtually everyone's needs. If you do need a truly unlimited data only plan bear in mind there's still usually a data cap. Once you reach this amount your internet connection will be throttled to 2G or 3G speeds. Be sure to read the fine print so you know how much high-speed data you actually get.
- Device compatibility: When you bring your own device to a new carrier you want to make sure it will work on the network. You can check MiFi and other compatible devices the same way you would with your smartphone. Generally, that means entering the IMEI number into the carrier's website to be sure it'll work with your new plan.
Switch to a cheap unlimited iPad plan
It's never been easier to switch. Let's break it down.
- Customize your plan. Whether you're looking for a truly unlimited plan, or in the market for something more basic, choose a plan to suit your cell phone needs.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure your old bills are paid up and your phone is unlocked. If you're getting a new device, transferring data from one to another is simple. Even if you're going from an iPhone to Android, and vice versa.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has been ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old account. If you've got a new device with your Tello plan, it should be ready to use when it arrives. If you're bringing your own phone then you'll need to follow the instructions with the new SIM card kit that Tello will send to you in the post.
Unlimited iPad plans FAQs
What is the best unlimited iPad data plan?
Depending on your needs you'll find the best value hotspot plans with unlimited data from MVNOS - Mobile Virtual Network Operators. Operating on the main US telecoms network carriers like US Mobile and Tello offer unlimited data at half the price.
Which carrier has the cheapest unlimited iPad plan?
The best is personal to what your hotspot needs are, but you'll find the best value with low-cost carriers like Tello.
Mobile Virtual Network Operators can help you save hundreds of dollars on your data only plan.
But do you really need unlimited data? If you can't do without unlimited data, MVNOs like Red Pocket Mobile provides a great option. But unlimited never really means unlimited. Often with a data cap once reached your speeds are slowed considerably.
You can estimate your average monthly data use using our free tool, to see if you could save money on a set data only plan.
MVNOs make the switch over easy when you bring your own mobile hotspot device, once you've chosen your plan you can be up and running within a few days.