Optimum cable packages & prices in 2022
Tons of channels
DVR records 15 programs at once
Hidden fees that add up
Optimum TV has a lot to offer in terms of cable packages, bundles, and equipment which you might not know if you've tried Google-ing TV plans lately.
Information on TV providers can be scattered and scarce so we're here to help put it all on one page for you.
We've already compiled a list of Optimum TV packages and wrapped them within our review.
This guide will also prepare you for any catches Optimum might have.
So dive right in and see if Optimum TV is right for you!
Optimum cable TV packages
Optimum has you covered as far as packages go. And their prices are very competitive.
Keep in mind that equipment prices can add to your monthly bill.
That's not the only fee that could hike up your bill though. Optimum charges you an installation fee and for each cable box in your home.
Optimum TV plans
Optimum cable & internet packages
|Optimum Internet 300 + Basic TV||300 Mbps||50||$75|
|Optimum Internet 1000 + Basic TV||1000 Mbps||50||$90|
|Optimum Internet 500 + Basic TV||500 Mbps||50||$90|
|Optimum Internet 300 + Core TV||300 Mbps||200||$115|
|Optimum Internet 300 + Select TV||300 Mbps||290||$135|
With Optimum, you simply pick your TV package and then choose between their two internet packages.
Optimum cable deals
Optimum TV channels
Optimum TV packages contain literally hundreds of channels. Have a list of channels you're just not willing to sacrifice? Make sure the bundle you choose includes all your favorites. You can do so by checking our list of Optimum TV channels.
Optimum premium channels
Even the most of basic of packages through Optimum TV packages include:
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
Optimum sports channels
Optimum channels offer lots of sports options. The most basic of packages include:
- Fox Sports
But if you pay a little more for a more premium package you can get:
- MLB Network
- NFL Network
- NFL Redzone
- Sports Overflow
Optimum cable availability
|States Covered||4 states|
|Internet Speeds||200Mbps - 1,000Mbps (varies by area)|
Optimum DVR & TV equipment
Optimum offers a few different pieces of equipment for your viewing experience including:
- Cable Box - You'll need Optimum's cable box to receive service. However, you'll pay a monthly fee for this box.
- DVR - Optimum's DVR covers multiple rooms and can record up to 15 programs at one time.
- Mobile TV - You can watch your cable service from anywhere on your Android, Amazon, or iOS device.
- Optimum Photo - Display your photos on your TV through this feature.
- High-speed internet: Optimum internet plans offer cable and fiber, with fast internet speeds at an affordable price. However, speeds can vary so it's best to check coverage in your area.
- No data cap: All Optimum internet deals come with no data caps.
- Download speeds: Speeds can vary depending on where you live, but Optimum internet plans start from 100 Mbps ranging up to 1 Gig. You can check your area with our Optimum internet speed test, to see if you can get Optimum fiber internet or cable at your home.
- Monthly costs: There's a variety of reasonably priced internet plans starting from around $19.99 a month.
- Coverage: Covering NYC and surrounding areas, you can use our coverage map to check Optimum availability in your area.
- No contracts: Optimum prepaid internet plans come with no long-term commitments or tie-ins, so there's no worry of early termination fees.
- Bundle your services: If you're looking to get a TV and landline, Optimum doesn't offer these as standalone. However, you'll find plenty of Optimum bundle deals that can give you access to these services so you can mix and match your ideal package.
- TV packages: You can choose from Optimum Core TV, Optimum Select TV, and Optimum Premier TV bundles, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Optimum TV packages have 420+ channels. The Optimum channel lineup includes popular channels CBS, NBC, The CW, Hallmark Channel, AMC, FX, and many more. You can choose to add on premium channels like Cinemax for an additional fee.
- VoIP: Optimum home phone is a digital service (Voice over Internet Protocol) and offers crystal clear sound.
- Calling features: Expect plenty of features including free 411 calls and E911.
- Unlimited calling: Local and long-distance unlimited calling in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
- Customer service: Find out more about customer satisfaction and what Optimum customers say with Optimum reviews.
- Compare: You can find out more about Optimum services and their main competitors with Verizon FiOS vs Optimum.
Optimum cable customer service
Optimum has a few options when it comes to customer service - you can call, log on, or head into a store for in-person customer service.
ACSI's 2018 customer service report rated Optimum 62 out of 100 which if fairly high among tv providers.
You can utilize Optimum's 24/7 customer service support through their online messaging service. Just head straight to their website and a chat box will pop up!
Comparing Optimum TV packages
Before diving into our full review take a second to answer the following questions:
- Does Optimum cover the area you live in?
- Are there any specific channels you can't live without?
- Do you want to bundle your services or do you just want TV?
Optimum TV Packages FAQs
What is the best Optimum TV package?
The best Optimum TV package will depend on your needs and the area you live in. So be sure to check the deals in your region.
How much does Optimum TV cost?
Optimum TV packages start from $20 and can range up to $80. You can choose stand alone TV or double or triple up with internet and phone.
Check cable providers in your area to see if Optimum is an option for you.
Be sure to check and see if Optimum is offering any promo deals before you sign up to see if you can lower your price.
And remember, bundling can also save you some major cash throughout the year.