Selling your iPhone 6s can net you a decent amount of cash (or credit), depending on what company you sell it to. Below you'll find more information regarding selling your iPhone 6s.
Where can you sell your iPhone 6s?
You can sell your iPhone 6s to a myriad of locations, including:
- ecoATM - ecoATMs allow you to recycle your phone and receive cash instantly.
- Physical Retailers - Retailers like GameStop and Best Buy, as well as certain wireless carriers, will exchange cash or credit for your iPhone 6s.
- Locally - You can meet with local buyers with advertisements and sites like Facebook Marketplace.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Amazon and other major online retailers will exchange cash or credit for your phone.
- Online Retailers - With online retailers, you'll have the ability to sell and ship your iPhone 6s directly to consumers for a higher payout.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Gazelle, Decluttr, and more will eagerly accept your phone for payment.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Trade-ins with online sites are typically better than offline for the reasons below:
1. You'll save time and money
Thanks to the free shipping kits provided by online trade-in companies, you'll be able to save gas money and time waiting in line.
2. You'll normally earn more with online trade-in sites
Online trade-in sites will typically pay you more for your iPhone 6s compared to physical trade-in stores.
3. Depending on the site, you have more payout options
Want gift cards or Paypal payment? It is likelier that you'll have that option with online trade-in sites. Physical retailers typically only offer cash or credit.
Trading in your old iPhone 6s for cash online
The process of trading in your iPhone 6s online is simple. Typically, you'll need to:
1. Select your phone and its type and carrier.
2. Choose your phone's condition (good, fair, poor, etc.).
3. Receive your quote.
4. Ship your phone to the company and get paid.
Be sure to shop various online trade-in sites to find the maximum amount you can possibly earn for your iPhone 6s.
Have a cracked or broken phone? Trade it in!
You can certainly trade in your iPhone 6s, even if it's cracked or broken, to a trade-in company. You'll, however, receive less than what you'd earn if the phone was in a better condition.
Before you sell your iPhone 6s, reset it!
To factory reset your phone, you need to do the following (but beforehand, you need to back up your data):
1. From the home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset
2. Select "Erase All Content and Settings"
3. When/if prompted, input your passcode
4. Choose "Erase"