Interested in selling your Samsung Galaxy Note 5? You should know that your used Samsung Galaxy Note 5, as long as it's in good condition, will go for a few hundred dollars. But how can you go about selling it? This quick guide will touch upon the basics of selling your Note 5.
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy Note 5?
You can sell your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 at a variety of locations, including:
- ecoATM - Quick and secure, an ecoATM allows you to recycle your phone for some instant cash. However, you won't receive as much cash for your phone as you would with another trade-in store.
- Physical Retailers - GameStop, Best Buy, and particular wireless carriers will gladly exchange cash or credit for your Note 5.
- Locally - You can meet with a buyer to sell your phone via ads and sites like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
- Online Trade-in Retailers - Websites like Amazon and Best Buy will offer you cash or credit in exchange for your phone.
- Direct-to-Consumer - You can sell to consumers via online retailers like Amazon and eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Trade-in sites like Glyde and Gazelle will pay you for your Note 5.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Selling your phone online is the way to go for a variety of reasons, including:
1. It's much more efficient
Forget traveling to the store - most online trade-in sites will provide you with a free shipping kit for your Note 5.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
You'll notice that more often than not, online trade-in stores will pay you more for your Note 5 compared to physical trade-in stores.
3. You have more payout options
More physical retailers may limit you to a credit or cash option compared to online companies. Many online companies may offer check, gift card, credit, direct deposit, PayPal, and even Bitcoin!
Trading in your old Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for cash online
The process of trading in your Note 5 to an online trade-in store is simple. Typically, it goes like this:
- You select your phone and its type, storage amount, and carrier.
- You then choose the condition of your phone (good, fair, broken, etc.).
- After, you'll receive your quote.
- Finally, you can ship out your phone and receive payment.
It's best for you to check for quotes on your Note 5 with various online trade-in sites, so you can earn the maximum amount possible for your phone.
Compare: If you're buying a used Samsung Galaxy Note 5, then please refer to our used Note 5 price comparison tool.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Most trade-in companies won't care if your phone is cracked or even broken - they'll still accept it, but they'll pay you less than what you'd earn if your phone is in good condition.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, reset it!
Be sure to back up your data before you reset your Galaxy Note 5. After you do so, you'll need to:
- Hold down the volume up, home, and power button at the same time until the Android recovery screen appears.
- With the volume down button, scroll down until you highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
- Press the power button.
- Scroll down with the volume down button until you see "Yes - delete all user data."
- Press the power button to perform the wipe.
You can also factory reset from the Settings. To do so:
- Tap on Settings > Swipe left on Heading Menu
- Tap Personal
- Press Backup and Reset > Factory data reset > Reset device
- Finally, tap on Delete All