If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 buried in your drawer, then it may be time to sell it. At the time of this writing, the sale of your Galaxy S7 would earn you a few hundred dollars. Interested in learning more about selling your device? Read on!
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy S7?
Fortunately, many physical retailers and websites will now buy the Samsung S7:
- ecoATM - You'll earn very little, but with an ecoATM, you can easily drop off your S7 and instantly receive cash.
- Physical Retailers - Physical retailers, such as GameStop and several wireless carriers, will trade exchange cash or credit for your S7.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Sites like Amazon and Walmart will provide you with cash or credit for your S7.
- Direct-to-Consumer - If you need a little more cash, then you should try selling it directly to the consumer with sites such as Amazon and eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Swappa and Gazelle are just a couple of online trade-in stores that will quickly pay you for your S7.
Benefits of selling your phone online
There are a variety of reasons to why you should sell your phone online, including:
1. It saves you time and money
With the help of free shipping kits often provided by online trade-in sites, you'll save time and energy that would otherwise be wasted on a trip to the store.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
Simply put, online sites tend to pay you more in comparison to physical retailers.
3. Online sites offer a variety of payouts
Would you like a direct deposit? How about PayPal or Bitcoin? You'll be able to choose between a variety of payouts provided by the trade-in site.
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S7 for cash online
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S7 online is not a daunting task. For most sites, you'll simply need to:
- Select the phone, type, provider, and storage size.
- Choose the phone's condition (good, fair, broken, etc.).
- Review the quote you receive.
- Ship your phone and get paid.
If you want to be paid the maximum amount possible, it's best that you compare quotes among various sites.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
If you're holding onto a broken phone because you don't want to throw it away, then you'll be pleased to know that trade-in companies will likely pay you for your cracked or outright broken phone, though it won't be as much as you'd receive from a working phone.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy S7, reset it!
Be sure to back up your data and perform a factory reset. For the Galaxy S7, it's a simple process:
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the volume up, home and power buttons together.
- At the boot menu, scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" with the volume down key. Press the power button.
- Highlight "Yes, delete all user data." Press the power button.
You can also perform a factory reset straight from the "Settings" on your phone:
- Tap Settings > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset
- You'll be warned that all data will be lost. Confirm your selection and press "Reset Device."
- Finally, tap "Delete All"