Like a number of other similar companies, Glyde deals with the buying and selling of consumer electronics.
When you decide to use Glyde for buying and selling electrical devices and video games, you will find that it works in a similar way to eBay in that the company acts as an intermediary rather than outright purchasing your products and then selling them on.
This person-to-person marketplace has been used by many people. However, there has been mixed reviews when it comes to customer service and the overall selling and buying experience.
There are both pros and cons that come with selling and buying through Glyde, so let's take a look at some of the main ones.
Buying from Glyde
- Shipping is included for you!
- You can access a wide range of electrical products and accessories.
- The company liaises directly with the seller on your behalf.
- You can contact Glyde for customer support.
- There are some great deals with the latest devices available at far lower prices than if you purchased from new.
- You can read full descriptions of the items for sale.
- There are price alert features on the site to keep you informed.
- You can pay via debit card, credit card, or through your Glyde account.
- You cannot view the items firsthand as you would in a store.
- The site has mixed reviews from users with some recommending you go somewhere else.
Related: Compare prices to get the best deal on a refurbished phone
If you are on the lookout for consumer electronics and accessories, you may find just what you are looking for on Glyde. You can look forward to free shipping, which you do not get on sites such as eBay and there is plenty of choice available. You will also find it easy to browse the variety of products for sale via the site.
The buying process is a pretty simple and straightforward one, as the site works in a similar way to eBay. You need to create an account and then access the buying section. You can then use the search box if you know exactly what you want or you can browse through the categories. In order to make a purchase via Glyde, all you need to do is:
- Log in to your account.
- Choose which device you're looking for.
- Compare the prices that come up in the listings.
- Click on the one you are interested in.
- Make sure the device is compatible with your network and has the right amount of capacity you're looking for.
- Make sure you are happy with all the details or contact the seller if you need to.
- Click purchase.
- Provide payment and shipping details as instructed.
Once you click on purchase, you should receive your items within the 5-10 day shipping period, as Glyde then contacts the seller and provides them with shipping details and labels.
Of course, there is a risk that you may not like the item or it is not as described. This is always a downside when purchasing via sites such as this however, they have excellent customer service. If this is the case, you need to get in touch via the Glyde phone number to let the staff know. A return can then be arranged for you.
Selling to Glyde
- You can get more money for your item by setting your own price.
- Posting your items is free and insured.
- Payment in your account within three days of delivery.
- You can withdraw money as cash/check or bitcoins.
- Free listings with no photos or detailed description necessary.
- Payment transfer from your Glyde account to your bank account is quick and easy.
- You can get paid in cash or bitcoin.
- If there is a problem with an item you sell, you may have to pay shipping to get it back.
- Glyde charges you a 15% transaction fee- meaning they get 15% of the total sale.
- You pay for the shipping as a seller. Shipping usually costs somewhere between $1-6 depending on the item.
Related: Compare offers to get the most cash for your old phone
If you have devices that you want to sell, you should find that selling on Glyde is pretty simple and convenient. You can sell a wide range of items via the site, such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and video games.
Once your item has been delivered to your buyer, payment is credited to your account within three days. You can then withdraw it in cash/check or as Bitcoins.
Once you have opened your account on the site if you want to sell an item all you need to do is go to the relevant section. From there, you will find step by step instructions to help you sell your items with ease. When you are selling via this site, all you need to do is:
- Type in what you are selling and choose from the drop-down menu that comes up.
- Complete the details on the description page: network, phone capacity, phone color, and current condition.
- Set your own price! Don't worry, Glyde will give you the current market value for the phone. But ultimately it's up to you to choose how much you post it for.
- When you get a buyer, wait for your postage kit from Glyde.
- Send out your item.
- Wait for your payment.
It really is a very simple process, which is why a lot of people are now selling their items via sites such as Glyde. It also means that you have the ability to get more for your money based on market prices.
The downside to using the method of selling is that you are not selling directly to a company, which means you have to wait around for a buyer to take an interest in your product. This could take longer than you hoped depending on what you are selling and what the competition is like.
Recap - The Bottom Line
As a whole, Glyde does provide a simple and efficient platform for the sale and purchase of used consumer electronics and similar items.
While there are pros and cons to selling through Glyde, many find that it is a convenient way of getting top dollar for their unwanted items.
Likewise, many buyers find that it provides a great means of purchasing low-cost electronic devices with plenty of choices available.