Spectrum Channel Packages
Charter Communications offers a suite of television services for its consumers known as Charter Spectrum. Their TV packages provide you with HD quality programming as well as a wide array of channels to choose from, all at an affordable price.
In this guide, you'll find information on the available Charter Spectrum channel line-up, the packages, bundles, and more. By the time you finish reading this, you'll hopefully be able to decide whether or not Charter Communications is right for you.
Looking for all the channels Charter Spectrum offers? Well, look no further than this article. We have a list of all the channels available to you.
Spectrum TV Packages
As a side note, the Spectrum DVR service, which is a set-top box, can connect up to four TVs in your home, granting you with up to 780 hours of storage in total. The set-top box is included in the bundles, meaning that you can save more with the bundle price. Even better is that there is free installation for TV equipment with a selection of bundle service.
There are several digital channel packages to choose from, but the three main plans areGold. There are other specific packages to choose from, but first, I will go over the Charter TV Select package.
TV Select Package
- Basic tier and cheapest of the packages
- Over 125 channels
- Free HD and DVR service
- Includes sports, news, and family programming
- Includes access to over 10,000 On Demand choices
- Take networks on the go with your mobile device
TV Silver Package
- Includes everything offered in TV Select programming plus an additional 50 channels
- Includes access to HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime
- Includes on the go access to HBO GO, MAX GO, and Showtime Anytime
TV Gold Package
- Includes every channel offered in the Select and Silver packages plus an additional 25 channels
- This includes NFL RedZone, Fox College Sports, Outdoor Channel, Premier League Soccer, Bloomberg, and more.
- Includes access to HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, Starz, Starz Encore and EPIX.
- Like the TV Silver plan, you'll be able to take select premium channels on the go whenever you'd like via the HBO GO, MAX GO, and Showtime Anytime apps.
Charter doesn't offer as many sports packages as Dish or DIRECTV, but that doesn't mean that these packages are limited. That being said, these particular add-ons are rather pricey.
Here are the available sports packages:
- NHL Center Ice - You'll be able to watch multiple hockey games and experience in-game look-ins with the mosaic channel with this package.
- NBA League Pass - With this pass, you'll be able to view up to 40 out-of-market basketball games per week either on your TV or on the go. You can also watch replay games, all in HD.
- NFL Network and NFL Redzone - There are only two ways to access this package. You can order the TV Gold plan, or add Digital Tier 2 to your TV Select or TV Silver plan.
- MLB Extra Innings - With this package, you can feast your eyes on up to 80 live out-of-market regular season games per week. This package includes MLB TV.
- Pay-Per-View - Of course, you can always catch live events with this service. You can watch WWE, UFC, boxing matches, and more with a simple click of the remote, a click of the mouse, or a telephone call.
Looking for a good film to complement some popcorn? Well, Spectrum TV has no shortage of films. You'll be able to watch films on the following channels (depending on the package you subscribe to): AMC, AXS.tv, FXM, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDNet Movies, and more.
Of course, you can always access the Premium Channels, which grant you over 10,000 movies and shows to indulge in. Premium Channels include HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, The Movie Channel, and Epix.
Looking for some family-friendly programming? Well, then you may want to consider Charter. They have kid-friendly programming, plus Parental Controls so that you don't have to worry about your child stumbling upon more mature content.
Channels include Animal Planet HD, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Hub Network, Nick, NickJr., Nicktoons, Sprout, and TeenNick.
Furthermore, you can also view kid-friendly programming via Kid Zone on the Spectrum TV App. However, to access the TV app, you need to subscribe to either the TV Select, Silver, or Gold Charter packages.
Need some musical programming to jam out to? You'll have access to popular networks such as Music Choice, MTV (okay, maybe not so much MTV), and CMT. If you subscribe to TV Silver or Gold, you'll be able to check out Fuse, ASX, and more. Unfortunately, you won't exactly have access to 24/7 radio-TV.
So if you want channels dedicated to nonstop music, you may want to consider those alternatives or rely on music streaming services such as Apple Music or Spotify.
Charter Spectrum is a decent provider. While it is considered affordable, sporting features such as HD compatibility, extensive On Demand programming, and the ability to watch TV on the go with its very own app service, it lacks variability.
You won't find as many channels with Charter Spectrum compared to Dish or DIRECTV. The service is not as flexible, and Charter Spectrum's customer service is known to be one of the worst for subscription TV providers.
With that being said, you won't have to worry about contracts. As the cherry on top, you can always take advantage of Spectrum's contract buyout. Spectrum will pay up to $500 to help you close your account with your previous provider, but at one caveat: you must hold a subscription to Spectrum Triple Play.
Overall, despite the perks, it may be best to consider a different TV provider. Take a look at our top picks for the best satellite TV provider to find the one that suits you most.