We get it, choosing cable or satellite TV can be like pulling teeth. Information on each carrier varies a lot by location (esp. the pricing) but does everything else that's included in the packages have to be so sparse?
We're here to break it down for you. Find out what DIRECTV has to offer, where they offer it, and how their customer service compares (because we all know that's important) in this guide to DIRECTV.
COMPARE NOW: DIRECTV Deals and Packages
Now, DIRECTV is a major satellite provider that's constantly evolving to keep up with both cable and streaming services. Which is good news for you because now they offer satellite to-go meaning you can connect to your account on any device no matter where you are and access your service.
Want to know more about this major provider? Hang tight because we've got it all in this guide.
Key Considerations Before Choosing DIRECTV
- Does DIRECTV cover the area you live in? Trick question satellite TV covers the entire country, unlike cable.
- Are there any specific channels you can't live without?
- Do you want to bundle your services or do you just want TV?
Once you answer these questions choosing a provider and a package should be a breeze.
DIRECTV TV Packages and Prices
DIRECTV is one of the best TV providers on the market, offering its customers a wide variety of DIRECTV packages.
Their pricing certainly isn't for someone on a budget, however.
DIRECTV TV & Internet Bundles
|DIRECTV Select TV + AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||155||$79.98|
|DIRECTV Entertainment TV + AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||160||$84.98|
|DIRECTV Choice TV + AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||185||$89.98|
|DIRECTV XTRA TV + AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||235||$99.98|
|DIRECTV Ultimate TV + AT&T Internet 1000||1000 Mbps||250||$104.99|
Looking to bundle your service? You're not alone. You can pair any DIRECTV package with AT&T internet or a number of other providers (depending on your area).
Keep in mind that bundling most often saves you tons of money in the long run but if you have no need for a home phone or internet it's not a big deal.
DIRECTV Triple Play Bundles
|DIRECTV Select TV + AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone Unlimited||1000 Mbps||155||Unlimited||$99.97|
|DIRECTV Entertainment TV + AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone Unlimited||1000 Mbps||160||Unlimited||$104.97|
|DIRECTV Choice TV + AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone Unlimited||1000 Mbps||185||Unlimited||$109.97|
|DIRECTV XTRA TV + AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone Unlimited||1000 Mbps||235||Unlimited||$119.97|
|DIRECTV Ultimate TV + AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone Unlimited||1000 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$124.97|
COMPARE NOW: DIRECTV Deals and Packages
Want the specifics? Understandable. That's why we've compiled a list of every channel included in each DIRECTV package so you can be sure you have access to specific sports channels or those holiday favorites channels before you commit.
If your searching for the best packages overall we think we can break them down for both the average user and the sports lovers.
DIRECTV Premium Channels
Premium channels available with DIRECTV include:
DIRECTV Sports Channels
DIRECTV offers multiple sports packages, these include:
- NFL Sunday Ticket
- DIRECTV Sports Pack
- NHL Center Ice
- MLB Extra Innings
- NBA League Pass
- FOX Soccer Plus
DIRECTV DVR and Equipment
DIRECTV provides a wide selection of DVR equipment to account for your varied needs. Below is a look at some of its equipment and the benefits you receive with each:
- Genie - The most versatile service offered by DIRECTV in that it can record up to five shows at once and store more programming than options provided by cable companies. The system also gives you HD channels and DVR functionality for every TV in your home.
- Genie Light - This DVR packs incredible capability into a petite package. It delivers jaw-dropping picture quality, versatile recording solutions and access to DIRECTV's on-demand programming.
- HD DVR Receiver - The Genie HD DVR gives you access to DIRECTV's extensive on-demand library and the capability to stream your recorded shows on your internet device via its mobile app.
- TiVo HD DVR - This DVR is smart in that it learns your preferences then suggests shows based on your interest. What's more, if you want to record series, it will be happy to do so and will still find new episodes even if your show's air date changes.
- DIRECTV On-Demand - With it, you can access over 20,000 different shows and movies on your TV. In addition, if you download its mobile app, you will have access to on-demand programs on eligible internet devices, which allows you to catch up with your favorite shows wherever you are.
DIRECTV is a satellite TV provider and therefore offers national coverage but there are some restrictions, so you'll need to call to confirm availability.
DIRECTV Customer Support
DIRECTV continues to be among the best providers in terms of supporting its customers. The American Customer Satisfaction Index scored DIRECTV service when partnering with AT&T, at 68, making it third highest among cable and satellite TV providers.
With DIRECTV, you receive attentive service and excellent support resources on its website to help you whenever you encounter questions.
If you are a former or current DIRECTV customer, I would enjoy learning more about your experiences with it. At the bottom of this page is a review section you can fill out to share your experience with fellow readers.
Overall, DIRECTV delivers an excellent variety of choices as it concerns TV packages and HD channels, specialty programming, and DVR options. Its customer support is also among the industry's best so you can feel confident knowing you'll receive attentive service.
The only drawback is it requires a two-year contract, but you can go through AT&T to lock in the promotional price for two years.
Feel a little skeptical? Check out what real DIRECTV customers are saying!
All told, DIRECTV offers many enticing perks at competitive rates. To see how DIRECTV stacks up against the other major providers, you can search for other TV providers in your area.
Notice: Undefined offset: 714 in /var/www/moneysavingpro.com/app/internet_providers.list_of_states.php on line 21