Cheap AT&T 5G phone plans in October
AT&T 5G plan benefits
We love MVNOs because they provide the same service as the major carriers without charging you a premium just for the privilege of 5G.
Stay on the nationwide AT&T network, choose from flexible plan options without any sacrifices, and keep your phone number.
Get everything you're used to having in your wireless plan at up 50% off what you're paying now.
- Same great 5G network: Wherever AT&T has 5G you'll get it too. Smaller cell phone carriers use the very same infrastructure as the big providers.
- Lower prices: Save up to $600 a year per line by switching to an affordable AT&T 5G phone plan.
- Customize your plan: MVNOs give you way more plan options. Pick and choose how much you want instead of paying for more data than you need.
- No contracts: Say goodbye to commitment. Subcarriers sell no contract phone plans so you're free to switch whenever you find a better deal.
- Bring your own phone and keep your number: It really is simple to make the transition to a BYOP plan. That way you save on monthly device payments too.
- Solid customer service: Smaller wireless companies are known for providing better customer support than their mammoth counterparts. Use our carrier user reviews to help with your decision.
AT&T 5G unlimited data plans
|Plan||Data||Monthly Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T Unlimited Extra||Unlimited||$75||$900|
|AT&T Unlimited Elite||Unlimited||$85||$1,020|
AT&T vs Pure Talk Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $619 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Pure Talk||AT&T 4G LTE||4GB||$25/mo||$281/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$619/yr|
AT&T 5G plan features
- 5G data speeds: Experience the newest, fastest wireless technology in real time as it's rolled out across the AT&T network.
- Calls to Canada and Mexico: Smaller carriers have some of the best international phone plans. They have cheap international calling rates and even free to some countries.
- Multiline discounts: Compare the best family 5G phone plans and save money on two or more lines.
- HD video streaming: Customize your 5G phone plan to include HD streaming.
- Wi-Fi calling: This handy feature lets you use your phone from anywhere with internet access.
AT&T 5G plans comparison
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$7.50** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||3GB||$10** 50% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||10GB||$15** 50% Off First Month|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||0GB||$10|
AT&T 5G plan types
- Unlimited plans: Compare the best AT&T unlimited data plans just like you do with the big carriers. Not sure how much data you actually need? Avoid paying for more than you use with our data usage calculator.
- Family plans: Manage your whole family's wireless service in one place. Compare the cheapest AT&T family plans and customize to each person's needs.
- Single line plans: Stop paying a premium just because you're only shopping for one line. See the best AT&T individual plans.
- Bring your own phone plans: Save more money by keeping your current phone. Find a AT&T BYOP plan and either bring your 5G capable device or compare deals on a new one.
- Tablet plans: Get all your devices on 5G with the cheapest AT&T data plans for tablets and iPads.
- Kids plans: No need to leave anyone out when you're getting a great deal. Compare the best AT&T plans for kids.
- Seniors plans: Since you can pick and choose exactly how much you need, MVNOs also have the cheapest AT&T plans for seniors.
Switching to a cheap AT&T 5G carrier
Switching carriers is easier than ever. Check it out.
- Customize your 5G plan. Pick and choose what you want and how much of it you want to pay for.
- Prepare for the switch. Make sure your current wireless account is paid up and that your carrier has unlocked your phone. If you're buying a new device it's easy to move your data from your old phone to your new one.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your account open until your new carrier ports your phone number over. You can cancel once you're sure your new service is active. You'll get a SIM card kit from your chosen provider so just follow their instructions on activating it.
Bring your own 5G phone & save even more
Now more than ever you're probably looking to simplify your life. Bringing your own phone to a cheaper carrier can help you with that.
First, make sure your phone is unlocked. This means your carrier has released it for use on another provider. Then you'll want to check with your new carrier to make sure your 5G phone is compatible with the AT&T network.
You'll either get your prepaid SIM card kit in the mail or from a store. You just pop it in and follow the carrier's instructions to get your service going.
AT&T 5G prepaid carriers list
|Red Pocket||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon|
|Straight Talk||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Tracfone||Verizon, AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Wing||AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile|
|Good2Go Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
AT&T 5G cell phones
You've got a few great device options for your 5G phone plan.
- Bring your own phone. If you've already got a 5G capable AT&T or T-Mobile phone you're golden. Many other devices will work, just check with your carrier.
- Buy a new 5G phone. Many MVNOs sell the latest AT&T 5G cell phones, often at good discounts.
- Buy a refurbished 5G phone. Get a fantastic deal on a refurbished AT&T compatible 5G phone and save up to half off retail price.
Best AT&T 5G phone deals
|Samsung Galaxy S20||AT&T||Red Pocket||$529|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Samsung Galaxy S20+||AT&T||Red Pocket||$629|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||AT&T||Red Pocket||$699|
|Apple iPhone 12||AT&T||Red Pocket||$729|
|Apple iPhone 13||AT&T||Red Pocket||$799|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$899|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro||AT&T||Red Pocket||$949|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||AT&T||Red Pocket||$999|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max||AT&T||Red Pocket||$1,049|
AT&T 5G phone plan FAQs
Which AT&T plans support 5G?
You don't need a specific plan for 5G access, but you'll need to have a 5G compatible phone and be in an area where there's 5G coverage. You can find great value deals on AT&T plans from a low cost carrier operating on the AT&T network, such as Pure Talk, H2O Wireless and Red Pocket.
Does AT&T charge more for 5G?
No, AT&T doesn't charge extra for their 5G service. Although their 5G service is only available in select cities at this time.
Does AT&T have 5G phones?
Yes, there's a selection of 5G phones that are compatible with AT&T including the Apple iPhone 12 series, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, and Samsung Galaxy S21.
We've devised a simple strategy for saving hundreds across all your wireless costs.
If you do need a new phone, compare prices to ensure you're getting the best cell phone deal. Consider buying a refurbished phone to save up to 50% off MSRP. Sell your old phone for more cash online than store trade-in.