MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Ready to ditch your SIM card? The good news is that Ultra Mobile offers eSIM plans.
With Ultra Mobile, you can purchase and activate your eSIM online - it's super fast, and you can connect to your new plan within minutes.
Find out more about Ultra Mobile eSIM plans and find out if they're right for you.
Switching to Ultra Mobile eSIM
When deciding whether to switch to an Ultra Mobile eSIM plan, consider these key factors to ensure you find the best match for you.
- Device compatibility: You can bring your own phone to Ultra Mobile, but you'll need a compatible device, so if your current phone doesn't have eSIM capability, you'll have to purchase a new one to take advantage of eSIM.
- Switch carriers easily: eSIM technology offers more flexibility than physical SIM cards as you can easily switch between carriers.
- Convenience: Your eSIM activation is done remotely, so you don't even need to leave the comfort of your couch.
- Security: An eSIM can offer more security as it can't be removed from the phone.
Ultra Mobile eSIM benefits
There are plenty of benefits to using an Ultra Mobile eSIM:
Try before you buy: Most eSIM-compatible phones allow at least two phone lines at once, meaning you can choose from a range of Ultra Mobile prepaid plans and activate an eSIM without canceling your current plan. That way, if it's not for you, you can cancel at any time.
- No physical SIM card: There's no more waiting for your SIM card to arrive in the mail. And with your eSIM, you can be connected to your new plan within minutes.
- Easy activation: You can activate your Ultra Mobile eSIM plan remotely and be up and running within a few minutes.
- Flexibility: You can switch between carriers more easily than with a physical SIM card.
- Environmentally friendly: Help reduce plastic waste with eSIMs, as there are no plastic SIM cards.
Ultra Mobile eSIM drawbacks
Although eSIM technology offers a range of benefits, there are also some disadvantages:
- Limited device compatibility: As a fairly new technology, eSIMs are still growing and not supported by all devices. This can limit the number of devices you can use with an eSIM plan.
- Carrier availability: Not all low-cost carriers support eSIM technology. Which can limit the carriers you can choose.
Don't worry if your phone isn't compatible with eSIM; you can still get an Ultra Mobile SIM card to access their affordable plans.
How to activate Ultra Mobile eSIM
To switch and activate your eSIM with Ultra Mobile, follow these few steps:
- Start by checking that your cell phone is compatible with eSIMs and unlocked.
- Choose your Ultra Mobile eSIM plan, and follow the steps.
- Contact Ultra Mobile's customer service for support if switching your plan from a physical SIM to an eSIM. Or you can use the Ultra Mobile app for a replacement.
Ultra Mobile eSIM support FAQs
Ultra Mobile offers eSIM prepaid plans to new and existing customers. With a range of eSIM plans, you can put your new plan live within minutes.
Depending on your cell phone needs, an eSIM is flexible. And if you travel a lot, most eSIM-compatible phones offer access to at least two lines, making getting a local carrier plan easier to avoid heavy roaming costs.
But if your phone doesn't have an eSIM and you're not ready to upgrade, you can still save money on your cell phone bill with prepaid SIM cards from these low-cost carriers.
If you want to learn more about this low-cost carrier, you can read our Ultra Mobile review.