AT&T BYOP plans in 2020
Thinking of switching to AT&T? You probably have a lot of questions. What plans are available? How much will it cost you? Can you keep your own phone?
Fortunately, it's now much easier to find affordable AT&T bring your own phone (BYOP) plans.
The best part is you don't have to pay AT&T prices to get a great plan that fits your needs and runs on this carrier's reliable nationwide 4G LTE network.
Thanks to Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) you're no longer stuck with the limited options offered by the major carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint).
You can choose your own plan options, paying only for the talk, texts, and data amount you really need.
Read on to learn more about the best low cost carriers and how to bring your own phone to a cheaper cell phone plan.
AT&T vs AT&T MVNO savings
AT&T vs h2o Wireless Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $562 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|h2o Wireless||AT&T 4G LTE||6GB||$30/mo||$338/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$45/mo||$562/yr|
AT&T bring your own phone benefits
MVNOs are smaller carriers that buy space on the large networks and sell it to you at cheaper prices. Most of these mobile providers operate solely online, which means they don't have the high costs of overhead and marketing that the big guys have.
There are a ton of advantages to switching to an AT&T MVNO:
- The same reliable service you know and love on the AT&T network.
- Cheap rates - typically more than 50% off on your monthly plan.
- No contracts or credit checks - switch whenever you want.
- Custom plans - only pay for what you need.
- Bring your phone and keep your number.
- Highly rated customer service.
- Easy online signup.
Best AT&T BYOP plans
Best cheap prepaid AT&T BYOP plan
Best AT&T BYOP plan for unlimited data
Best AT&T BYOP plan for families
Best AT&T BYOP plan for talk & text only
Best AT&T BYOD plan for hotspot & tablet data
Keep your AT&T phone & network coverage
Switching is easier than you think.
- Pick a carrier powered by AT&T. The best provider for you will be the one with the features and plans that fit your wireless needs and your budget.
- Check AT&T bring your own phone compatibility. You can easily check compatibility on carrier websites. For the AT&T network, you'll need a GSM phone. GSM devices are phones designed for use on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks, while CDMA phones are made for the Verizon and Sprint networks.
- Sign up and order a SIM card kit. Bringing your own phone is as easy and ordering your SIM card activation kit and popping it in.
Even if your phone is compatible with the carrier you choose you may still need to unlock it. You may also need to program the new carriers APN settings into your phone.
AT&T BYOP plans comparison
|Pure Talk||Unltd/Unltd||2GB||$15** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|Red Pocket Mobile||Unltd/Unltd||3GB||$5** $14 Off in 1st Month|
|Unreal Mobile||Unltd/Unltd||8GB||$20** $60 for 3 months|
|h2o Wireless||Unltd/Unltd||Unltd||$37.50** 25% Off for 3 Months|
Do you really need AT&T unlimited data?
Between your favorite apps, HD video streaming, and browsing the web, you might think that unlimited data is an obvious choice.
The fact is that the average AT&T unlimited plan customer uses just 4 GB of data per billing cycle. Think about that - it's like paying for a month of Netflix and watching one episode of your favorite show. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Just as with anything else you buy, the best way to save money on your cell phone plan is to identify exactly what you need and only buy that.
We make figuring out what you need simple with our data usage calculator.
BYOP is a crucial part of the best strategy to save money on your cell phone plan.
- Save hundreds by bringing your own phone to your next carrier.
- Sign up with an AT&T MVNO and save up to 50% or more on your cell phone plan.
- Compare prices on refurbished smartphones to save half on your next device.
Find out how much you could be saving in three simple steps with our cell phone savings calculator.