Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
In today's world, having internet access is crucial. However, with rising rates, many people struggle to pay for home internet service.
Thankfully, the Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) can help by providing discounted or even free internet service to low-income households.
Stick with us for your guide to the Mediacom ACP and exactly who is eligible for this benefit.
What is the Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is part of the FCC's efforts to make sure families can afford internet access for work, education, and healthcare.
Mediacom takes part in this program, offering discounted and free internet service to help reduce the digital divide.
Mediacom ACP benefits
What does this mean for you? Well, if your household qualifies, you can receive:
- Up to a $30 monthly service discount on internet
- Up to $75 off if you live in qualifying Tribal lands
Remember, each eligible household can get one monthly service discount. A household means individuals living together who share both income and expenses.
Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program plans
You can apply the ACP benefit to any Mediacom Xtream high-speed internet plan. Prices vary by location, so check what Mediacom offers in your area.
Free Mediacom Internet plan
A significant perk of the Mediacom ACP is that you can get free internet when you combine it with Mediacom's Connect to Compete Plus (C2C+) low-income internet plan.
This plan is free for eligible households, and provides:
- 100 Mbps internet service
- No data limits
- No equipment rental fees
- No contracts
- No deposit
Other eligible Mediacom Xtream plans
If you need faster speeds, Mediacom's other options:
- Range from 300 Mbps to 1 Gbps internet download speeds
- Cost $10 - $100+ per month with ACP benefit
- Vary in availability depending on location
Mediacom's service area consists of parts of 22 states, including across the Midwest and parts of the South.
Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program eligibility
The ACP eligibility criteria are income-based. You could qualify if your total household income falls within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Eligibility is automatic if you or a household member participate in certain government assistance programs, such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Qualifying Tribal-specific programs include:
- Tribal TANF (Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Income-based Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Interested in learning more about the $75 monthly discount for qualifying households on Tribal lands? Check out our detailed guide to the Enhanced Tribal Benefit.
How to apply for Mediacom ACP
Applying for the Mediacom ACP is easy:
- Visit the Mediacom ACP enrollment page.
- If you're an existing customer, log into your account.
- Follow the step-by-step guide to completing the enrollment process.
Alternatively, you can:
- Apply via the government's National Verifier at Get Internet.
- Upon approval, contact Mediacom to apply for your benefit.
You might need to provide documentation to confirm eligibility. This could include an official ID, a benefit verification letter, or other forms of documentation proving that you qualify.
For more information on the application process, see our guide, How to Apply for ACP.
How to save money if you don't qualify for ACP
If you don't meet the ACP criteria, you can still save on internet access through your cell phone plan. Consider switching to a prepaid plan from an MVNO, which could save you up to $700 annually.
- Save over half compared to major carriers
- No contracts
- Reliable coverage on trusted networks
- A variety of plans, from talk & text to unlimited data plans
When you choose a low-cost carrier, you can pick service on any major network: AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon. You'll save money without sacrificing quality.
Mediacom Affordable Connectivity Program FAQs
Key takeaways: Mediacom's Affordable Connectivity Program helps low-income families access affordable internet services. The ACP offers multiple ways to qualify, making the application process simple.
If you don't meet the eligibility criteria, consider switching to an MVNO for significant savings on your cell phone plan. Take action now to secure affordable internet for your household!