WOW! Affordable Connectivity Program
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
In today's digital age, having internet access is essential. However, as the costs of internet and cell phone services continue to rise, many individuals and families are struggling to keep up with their monthly bills.
If you need financial assistance to pay for your internet, the WOW! Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) can help. This government subsidy is designed to offer discounted or even free internet services to those whose household meets certain requirements.
In this guide to the WOW! ACP, I'll walk you through important details, like eligibility requirements and the benefits you can receive.
What is the WOW! Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program was established when the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) ended and is administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The program works with participating internet providers to help low-income households stay connected to the internet.
WOW! is one of many Affordable Connectivity Program providers offering eligible households discounted or free high-speed internet service.
WOW! ACP benefits
For households that meet the eligibility criteria, the ACP offers the following benefits:
- A monthly service discount of up to $30 off your internet service bill
- Up to $75 off internet services for households residing in qualifying Tribal lands
The ACP is limited to one monthly service discount per qualifying household. A household is defined as individuals living at the same address who share money and expenses.
WOW! ACP plans
You can apply your benefit to any WOW! Internet plan up to Internet 1000. Options include:
- Internet 100 - free with ACP monthly discount
- Internet 200 - free for 12 months, then around $14.99/month with ACP
- Internet 500 - around $10/month with ACP for a year, then $25/month
Check with your chosen participating internet provider for the most up-to-date Affordable Connectivity Program plan offerings, as prices and plans may vary.
WOW! ACP eligibility
Eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program is determined by income-based criteria. There are multiple ways to qualify:
- Household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Participation in one or more government assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Pell Grant, free school lunch or school breakfast program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and more
Households in qualifying Tribal lands may also qualify through specific Tribal programs, including:
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations
- Income-based Tribal Head Start.
If you or a household member participate in one of the programs listed above and you reside on qualifying Tribal lands, learn more about the enhanced Tribal benefit.
How to apply for WOW! ACP
To enroll in WOW! 's Affordable Connectivity Program, please follow these steps:
- Gather documents (see examples below).
- Visit Get Internet to apply online.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the National Verifier application.
- Once approved, make a note of your ACP ID number.
- Contact WOW! at 888-815-1718 to complete enrollment.
ACP required documents
You may be required to provide documentation to verify your identity and participation in a government assistance program.
Some examples include:
- State ID or driver's license
- Green Card
- Benefits verification letter
- Screenshot of online portal proving benefits
- State or federal tax return
- Tribal notice letter of General Assistance
Detailed instructions - including how to submit a mail-in application - can be found in our guide, How to apply for ACP.
What to do if you don't qualify for WOW! ACP
Not eligible for the ACP but still need to save money? Switching to a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) could save you up to $700 per year on your cell phone plan.
These low-cost carriers are powered by the same networks you're accustomed to, offering 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage on the AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon networks. For instance, WOW! Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO.
Advantages of MVNOs
Why switch to an MVNO? For the benefits, of course:
- Lower prices - up to half or more off
- No contracts or commitments
- Flexible options, including unlimited data plans
- Additional features and perks, like mobile hotspot use
- Bring your own phone & keep your phone number
By choosing a low-cost carrier, you can get phone service on any of the major networks, AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon-while enjoying significant savings.
Use our savings calculator to see just how much money you could put back in your pocket by switching.
WOW! Affordable Connectivity Program FAQs
Whether you're a new or current WOW! customer, the ACP is a great way to cut costs on your internet service bill. It's easy to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program, and there are many ways to qualify.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to explore alternative options with low-cost carriers to enjoy significant savings on your cell phone plan. So you can still stay connected for less.