Best AT&T phone plans in 2021
AT&T boasts over 140 million cell phone subscribers.
While they offer huge cell phone coverage, they have prices to match.
We're going to show you how you can keep your AT&T phone, number, and network coverage and save up to $600 per line.
AT&T vs AT&T MVNO savings
AT&T vs Pure Talk Plan Comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $619 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Pure Talk||AT&T 4G LTE||4GB||$25/mo||$281/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$619/yr|
AT&T coverage without AT&T prices
If you want that great AT&T coverage but can't justify the price you're in luck! You still have plenty of options with AT&T MVNOs.
That's right, with an AT&T MVNO you can enjoy the saver AT&T 4G LTE coverage as every AT&T customer but at a half the price.
MVNOs buy service in bulk from the big four networks and resell it to consumers at a lower cost.
They're able to do so because they don't spend the millions of dollars in advertising per year like the big four and they also don't have a lot of brick-and-mortars to run which saves them A LOT of money. In fact, a lot of them operate solely online.
AT&T cell phone plans comparison
|Pure Talk||AT&T||2GB||$15** 25% Off for 3 Months|
|Unreal Mobile||AT&T||12GB||$25** $10 Off for 1 Month|
|Pure Talk||AT&T||4GB||$18.75** 25% Off for 3 Months|
Low cost AT&T carrier benefits
- Reliable service on the same AT&T 4G LTE network you already love
- Savings up to 50% or more off your monthly plan
- No-contract plans mean no credit checks
- Flexible plan options so you only pay for what you need
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Solid customer support
- Super easy to switch by ordering online and popping a new SIM card into your device
Best AT&T cell phone plans
Best cheap AT&T prepaid plan
See more AT&T prepaid plans
Best AT&T unlimited data plan
See more AT&T unlimited plans
Best AT&T family plan
See more AT&T family plans
Best AT&T talk & text only plan
Best AT&T data only plan
See more AT&T data only plans
Do you really need AT&T unlimited data?
Between your favorite apps, HD video streaming, and browsing the web, you might think that unlimited data is an obvious choice.
The fact is that the average AT&T unlimited plan customer uses just 4 GB of data per billing cycle. Think about that - it's like paying for a month of Netflix and watching one episode of your favorite show. Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Just as with anything else you buy, the best way to save money on your cell phone plan is to identify exactly what you need and only buy that.
We make figuring out what you need simple with our data usage calculator.
How to switch to a low cost AT&T carrier
Before diving into the rabbit hole of carriers be sure you know what you want out of a carrier. It will make deciding much easier. Ask yourself:
- Does the AT&T network cover the area you live in?
- How much data do you need each month?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
AT&T carrier list
|Red Pocket Mobile||AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon|
|Straight Talk||AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon|
|TracFone||AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon|
|Consumer Cellular||AT&T, T-Mobile|
|Net10||AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon|
AT&T cell phone deals
With AT&T you get all the same great phone options as the other three major carriers. You can:
- Bring your own phone –AT&T operates on the GSM network so you'll have the best luck bringing your own phone if you're switching from T-Mobile. If you do, you'll just want to change the APN settings (an easy process) and you should make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – AT&T offers a wide selection of phones both in-store and online. But don't forget, if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone -You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for AT&T compatible phones. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy from reputable sellers.
If you choose to BYOP or buy refurbished you can get your AT&T SIM card either online or in-store.
AT&T prepaid plans are a great way to cut your phone bill. But you can save money multiple ways.
- Don't overpay for data - check out our data usage calculator to see what you should be paying for. Always compare cell phone plans before making a decison.
- Save even more money on your AT&T bill by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of overpaying for a new phone.
- If you choose to buy a new phone, it's well worth selling your old device for cash.