When using your cellular phone, you'll need what is known as a subscriber identity module card.
A subscriber identity module card, otherwise known as a SIM card, is a smart card that contains your subscriber profile. What just is included in your subscriber profile?
Well, the SIM card contains your plan, features, contacts, text messages, and more. Not only that, but the SIM card allows you to access the network of the carrier you belong to.
Without the SIM card, your phone won't be able to make phone calls, send text messages, or use data. There are also several types of SIM cards available, that are compatible with different devices such as tablets, smartwatches, alarm systems, and more.Switch & Save $600/yr - Calculate Your Savings
What is a SIM card?
A 4G LTE network SIM card is a SIM card that is used for a 4G LTE service like Verizon. It allows you to access the 4G network (and most likely the 4G LTE network), which is the fourth generation of mobile network technology (which is faster than 3G technology). 4G LTE actually stands for "fourth-generation long term evolution".
So what exactly is the LTE part of the 4G LTE terminology? Well, the "long term evolution" part simply means that it's a type of 4G that produces the fastest connection for mobile internet. In fact, it is 10 times faster than 3G. While 4G and LTE services are used interchangeably, they are not at all the same.
What are the features of 4G LTE? As I mentioned earlier, 4G LTE is a type of 4G technology. In fact, it's the best performing mobile broadband technology of the 4G network, providing you with only the fastest speeds.
When 4G LTE is offered and if you desire the fastest speeds available, it's best for you to adopt the service. After all, this type of mobile broadband technology is 10 times faster than 3G technology. In fact, 4G LTE can match the speeds of the average internet connection in the United States.
Of course the maximum speed you will have is all dependent on the signal strength.
SIM Card Activation
- Once you receive your 4G LTE SIM card via directly or after you purchase an activation kit (an activation kit normally features all three types of SIM cards), you remove the SIM card tray from your Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone, Windows Phone, or another Android phone. On a GSM phone, the SIM card tray, or SIM card slot, is typically located near the battery, but the location differs if you're using a CDMA phone. For instance, if you're using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the Nano SIM card slot is located to the top left of the Galaxy Note 5. Then, you slip the SIM card into the SIM card slot.
- Go to the activation page issued by your cell phone carrier. You may also activate your SIM card by dialing the carrier's phone number - after dialing the phone number, a representative will walk you through the process.
- You then input the SIM card ID and/or IMEI number into the boxes.
- From there, you should follow the remainder of the instructions (which can differ) for activation.
- Your mobile phone should then finally be activated.
SIM Card Sizes
The SIM card, whether a Micro SIM card, Nano SIM card, or what have you, are for more than just your mobile phone.
In fact, they are used for other devices such as GPS trackers, activity trackers, alarm systems, smartwatches, tablets, and more.